Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson has dropped a bombshell by sensationally revealing that he will quit as manager of Manchester United if Cristiano Ronaldo leaves to join Real Madrid.

It has been the transfer soap opera of the summer, and the most explosive episode so far may have just been aired.

With Man Utd publicly insisting that the Portuguese wizard is staying, Real Madrid quietly confident that they can get their man, and Ronaldo himself still remaining silent, Sir Alex Ferguson has moved to drop an absolute bombshell regarding the issue.

Ferguson, who has won more trophies than any other manager in the history of English football, has threatened to quit Manchester United if Ronaldo is sold.

"If Ronaldo leaves, I'm going too," the Scot is quoted as saying by Spanish newspaper Marca.

It is quite an astonishing statement from Fergie, who has been at Man Utd for the last 22 years, winning 10 Premier Leagues, five FA Cups, two Champions Leagues and an Intercontinental Cup, among a plethora of other honours.

Ferguson is well known to being a master when it comes to playing the media, and these comments, if Marca have reported them accurately, may have been intended to pile up the guilt on Ronaldo, and pressure him into staying at Old Trafford.

(Taken from www.goal.com)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah right! Marca AS, who else can come up with such cr**. I mean doesn't anyone have any sense not to even look at these stupid stories (Goal.com of all people), all of which seem to be originating from Spain. Like Alex is giving exclusive interviews to Madrid's very own Marca. Come on guys, these news items from Marca are not even worth speculating, they are total rubbish. Lets not waste server space discussing these rubbish things.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
not true,,, no way , he spend 22 years here and he won't leave just because of that stupid guy. he won't end his career by ronaldo's leaving!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Just another bit of proof that Marca's "Quotes" are poor fabrications, not just them tabloid Journalism in general, we've seen it all summer, Scolari, Ferguson, Tevez, Fabregas, Hleb... all false quotes to sell their cheap tacky newspapers! I can only assume Ronaldo's "quotes" were pure false also!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
He said that ages ago. What a load of crap.

He said that if the Glazers/Gill sell Ronaldo behind his back, he would walk. I honestly believe that is where GOAL are getting their information from.

I do believe that Fergie, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes and Neville will all leave at the same time.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
lmao marca are out of this world. i wonder how many times theyv been sued for misquoting and such. amazes me why the spanish continue to buy the paper and follow their stories. absolute rubbish. fergie will leave when fergie wants to leave

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
No way will fergie leave untill at least 2more seasons...

giggs is gone after this season.... replacment is nani
Scholes, ronaldo, gaz and fergie are one in 2years.
Anderson for scholes
.........?? for ronaldo, how can you replace him
gaz well brown is doing a good job so cover for brown we need
And ROY KEANE to replace SIR ALEX FERGUSON

thats MO

·
23,699 Posts
This piece of news looks all too familiar to me. :rolleyes:

Think it first surfaced after the CL Final when Fergie was merely expressing his confidence in the Glazers who had earlier indicated to keep Ronaldo at whatever costs. Then it was 'interpreted' by some media as Fergie will threaten to leave if the Glazers so decide to cash in on him. :D

And now just a regurgitation. Please ignore.... from somebody who copied and pasted many Ronaldo articles. :eek: :D

Z

·
0 Posts
This is hardly new news is it? This was out weeks ago.

Edit: Versa beat me to it :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
No way will fergie leave untill at least 2more seasons...

giggs is gone after this season.... replacment is nani
Scholes, ronaldo, gaz and fergie are one in 2years.
Anderson for scholes
.........?? for ronaldo, how can you replace him
gaz well brown is doing a good job so cover for brown we need
And ROY KEANE to replace SIR ALEX FERGUSON

thats MO
No-one can replace Paul Scholes.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ferguson Bombshell: If Ronaldo Leaves, So Will I

It has been the transfer soap opera of the summer, and the most explosive episode so far may have just been aired.

With Man Utd publicly insisting that the Portuguese wizard is staying, Real Madrid quietly confident that they can get their man, and Ronaldo himself still remaining silent, Sir Alex Ferguson has moved to drop an absolute bombshell regarding the issue.

Ferguson, who has won more trophies than any other manager in the history of English football, has threatened to quit Manchester United if Ronaldo is sold.

"If Ronaldo leaves, I'm going too," the Scot is quoted as saying by Spanish newspaper Marca.

It is quite an astonishing statement from Fergie, who has been at Man Utd for the last 22 years, winning 10 Premier Leagues, five FA Cups, two Champions Leagues and an Intercontinental Cup, among a plethora of other honours.

Ferguson is well known to being a master when it comes to playing the media, and these comments, if Marca have reported them accurately, may have been intended to pile up the guilt on Ronaldo, and pressure him into staying at Old Trafford.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=796532

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
goal.com probably the most unreliable, talking ******** website on the net.

I honestly do not know why so many of this forum take it as the God honest truth.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why would he leave behind all those talented players and all he could achieve just because some stuck up showboat is sold to Real Madrid?

Marca have to be one of the worst newspapers at making up lies. At least the Sun is believable!

Fergie is 10 times the person Ronaldo is. NEVER HAPPENING.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
There's only one place for reports like these.......

:p

Too true.

I don't know why so many people on the website believe the likes of Marca, Goal.com, Tribal Football etc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts