Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Sir Bobby Robson went out to meet the players with Brian Barwick during the FA CUP today he looked really frail. It was obvious Brian Barwick was being very careful and helping him to walk. Has he got cancer at the moment or some other illness? He is one of my favourite people involved in football and I was saddened to see the condition he was in. He is a great man and I hope whatever the problem is that he can come back from it! God bless him.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Age comes to all of us, including those we think of as immortals. I would not even speculate as to his health, its not really for us to comment.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
We all know that Sir Bobby isn't in the best of health, but to be honest, I thought
he looked very well today and he seemed to look a lot better then previous times
I saw him.

He's a true football legend and I wish him all the best!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I know he had cancer about 6 months/ a year ago but I don't know if he still has it.

But, tbh, I wouldn't like to say more. That ^ is true but I wouldn't like to add speculation to that.

But in all fairness, hes a great guy and is a fantastic manager as well. I got his autobiography a little while ago, but I haven't read it yet.

I'm looking forward to reading it in all honesty.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Sir Bobby Robson is an absolute legend in my eyes. His knowledge and love of football is second to none. How many other people would still be involved in the sport at the age of 75?!

Z

·
0 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Seriously though, Sir Bobby is a true legend and a great servant to Manchester United FC
Have you got your 'Sir Bobby's' mixed up by any chance? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
-zuco- said:
Have you got your 'Sir Bobby's' mixed up by any chance? :rolleyes:
Or Newcastle United?

I feel inclined to rather not talk about his health and more about his fantastic achievements in football.

I'm guessing some may not know this, but he was, once, the Republic Of Ireland's
assistant manager to Steve Staunton.

I remember the joy and excitement at his appointment! :rolleyes:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Doh! That's what having diarrhea and sleeping for only 4hrs does to you I suppose ;)
Yeah, sleeping on the toilet isn't easy! :D

Both Sir Bobby's are legends.

Sir Bobby Robson is the best England manager we've had since Sir Alf Ramsey and he did very well at club level too. To manage some of the biggest clubs in Holland, Portugal and Spain is unheard of for an Englishman. English bosses rarely leave these shores - Bobby Robson was a pioneer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts