Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An online petitionwaslaunched yesterday to get Ryan Giggs knighted... Imagine seeing Sir Ryan Giggs on the team sheet next season!!!

Following his unprecented success, his pending 800th appearance and recent PFA Award it is time to get the Legend knighted...

Sign the petition to get the legend knighted... spread the word, shout it out.. stick it on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter... SirRyanGiggs.com...

Read more
Arise Sir Ryan Giggs: Man United fans petition to have Welshman knighted - Telegraph

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
One of the few powers that the monarchy has retained
is the power to knight anyone the monarchy deems worthy.

This defeats the whole point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many people who become recognised are usually put forward by someone or a group. The monarchy is then advised, this has been the case for decades. This is merely a petition to that effect. The power to knight still wholly lies with the powers that be. We are merely nudging them.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
One of the few powers that the monarchy has retained
is the power to knight anyone the monarchy deems worthy.

This defeats the whole point.
Its not really decided by the Monarchy you realise?

All depends on what someone has achieved...

The monarchy just gives the nod on whom ever is put forward

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Its not really decided by the Monarchy you realise?

All depends on what someone has achieved...

The monarchy just gives the nod on whom ever is put forward
Reason I have not signed though. It kinda makes it seem less special in my eyes that internet petitions go up for it. Just let it come in time. Relax people, he is still playing and there is time for it later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason I have not signed though. It kinda makes it seem less special in my eyes that internet petitions go up for it. Just let it come in time. Relax people, he is still playing and there is time for it later.
The whole point is we want him to be recognised whilst he is STILL playing, to reflect the massive amount of success and longevity he has displayed. Yes he will probably get knighted when he is 65 anyway, but he has achieved ridiculous amount and has behaved impeccably throughout his career and deserves to be recognised in a unique way. No other player has such success and is such a role model to youngsters. We want the younger generation to see that if you do behave, be loyal, work hard etc you get rewarded...

It may be his last season next so we would like to see Sir Ryan Giggs on the teamsheet so his achievement are fully appreciated rather than 20 - 30 years later. That would be a fitting tribute to this legend! So i urge people to sign and pass it on...

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
An online petitionwaslaunched yesterday to get Ryan Giggs knighted... Imagine seeing Sir Ryan Giggs on the team sheet next season!!!

Following his unprecented success, his pending 800th appearance and recent PFA Award it is time to get the Legend knighted...

Sign the petition to get the legend knighted... spread the word, shout it out.. stick it on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter... SirRyanGiggs.com...

Read more
Arise Sir Ryan Giggs: Man United fans petition to have Welshman knighted - Telegraph
I do not agree with knighting him. Maybe an MBE or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts