Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New setback for Barcelona star (SkySports)

Ronaldinho's season has taken a further turn for the worse after the Barcelona forward was ruled out for six weeks.

The Brazil international has struggled for form and fitness this term and has now pulled a thigh muscle in training.

Barcelona have confirmed the extent of the injury, which will see Ronaldinho miss the bulk of his club's remaining games this season.

He is certainly out of a prospective UEFA Champions League semi-final with Manchester United, having already sat out several matches in recent weeks.

Sad

Meanwhile, former Barcelona star Rivaldo has criticised the club's treatment of his compatriot and feels they are trying to force Ronaldinho out of Camp Nou.

"I think it's sad that a club can do this to one of their players," Rivaldo told Spanish radio station Ona FM.

"They're turning people against him and this suggests to me that they want to sell him and they're looking for excuses to do so.

"If players want to go out then let them. If after they score three goals and play well you win the league then there's no problem, but if you lose it's different.

"Sometimes they don't treat their stars well at Barca. You can't make one player responsible for everything, the other players get paid too and very well."

- This could really be good news if the quarter finals finish the way most of us expect them to.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
yup. very true. ronaldinho is a player who despite being off form can conjure a moment of sheer magic for his team. definitely great news, as messi looks to be struggling a little with his injury too. who barca depends on now? young and inexperienced bojan.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Oh no! :)p)

The signs are all pointing in Old Traffords way!

If we don't win it this season, we'll not have it easier for a long long time.

Thats a bad blo for them and they're not in a good position.

A very small part of me feels that Schalke could go to the Camp Nou and actually
go through!

Anyway, we've got our own game to worry about and they've got theirs.

It's only good news for us though

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
hmmm true. we still cant count against roma winning at old trafford. they are dangerous, plus perrotta would be back. maybe totti too. last season 7-1 was a fluke. but however, we could win though, this man united side has class oozing through every single department. :D

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Good news i suppose. Although i would prefer to play a Barcelona at the top of their game. A win is far more satisfying that way. They've still got Eto'o, Henry, Messi, Iniesta etc so we gotta be careful.

I really feel bad for Ronnie. It is sad to see such a wonderful footballer in the state he is in right now. :(

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
good news, but on current form, i think barca would start eto, messi and henry, ahead of him. he will not be missed much by barca

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he will not be missed by barca...he hasnt been playing much these days also....so anyway barca werent gonna play him

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think any team would miss Ronaldinho, even if he is off form. By the way, did anyone see his overhead kick the other week? It has to be a compeditor for goal of the season! If he's off form and can still do that then he'll be missed.

I've read a few times here that bojan kircic is inexperience and they depend on him. Not sure how much anyone here has seen him but he's the real deal. He's destroyed all the goal scoring records in Barca's youth teams and that's saying something. Not only that but in his first senior game for barca, while going into a 50-50 challange with the keeper, he flicked the ball over his head, like Ardiles in Escape to victory, the ball went over the keeper and he eventually hit the post. Would have been up there with the best goals I've even seen.

This kid has bags of talent and no fear, he'll be very dangerous.

Still think we can take them!

·
Registered
854 Posts
anyone that watches the spanish league would no that he wont be a loss. henry has been in really bad form. but ronaldinho can barely move these days.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I hate to see a player like Ronaldinho like this,strugggling and unhappy.It makes me feel sad.But thats football,it has its ups and downs.Well,the momentum has definitely swung our way

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
i think no matter who is playing or missing from barca they have a huge problem in leaking goals .

if they score 2 we will score 4

1 - 13 of 13 Posts