Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you havn't got sly tv you aren't going to be able to see
any games starting from next season..:mad:

Sky Sports has been awarded a new deal for the UEFA Champions League that will offer even more live coverage than ever.

Under the three-year agreement, which covers the 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons, Sky Sports will show more live UEFA Champions League football than ever before.

With more midweek matches than the current deal, additional qualifying matches and the last 16 stage played across eight match-days, there will be an increase in both the number of live games and the number of nights of European football on Sky Sports.

The new deal will give Sky live coverage of up to 15 live matches per week, across both match nights, including:

Exclusive Tuesdays

Every Tuesday match exclusively live throughout the tournament, bringing up to eight live games on Group Stage nights.

Wednesdays

All but one match exclusively live each Wednesday throughout the tournament, with up to seven live games on Group Stage nights.

Semi-Finals and Final

Exclusive live coverage of one leg from each Semi-Final and shared live coverage of the UEFA Champions League Final and the UEFA Super Cup.

Qualifying

For the first time, live coverage from the final round of Qualifying matches in August. Up to five live matches on each Tuesday and four on each Wednesday of the two-leg ties.

In addition to the live rights, Sky has also been awarded cross-platform rights for use on mobile and broadband as well as highlights.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12193_3318652,00.html

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
In addition to the live rights, Sky has also been awarded cross-platform rights for use on mobile and broadband as well as highlights.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12193_3318652,00.html
I presume that they out-bid the other competitiors and weren't 'awarded' the rights simply for their shall we say outstanding contribution to modern day sports coverage :rolleyes:

Sky are an absolute disgrace. I suppose we'll end up buying it next season though.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i have sky sports but i love champs league on itv....reminds me of when i was a kid sat infront of the box watching those magical european nights...***mind wanders back***

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
i have sky sports but i love champs league on itv....reminds me of when i was a kid sat infront of the box watching those magical european nights...***mind wanders back***
With Big Ron Atkinson commentating before he got the axe :D

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I personally thing ITV is hopeless. Poor commentry, poor standard of the analysis team. BBC is much better, and there aren't adverts. Thats how football should be, so you can watch the whole match and not have to put up with adverts. I'd pay extra for that.
Looks like i'll be buying sky now.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
RichardsReds said:
I personally thing ITV is hopeless. Poor commentry, poor standard of the analysis team. BBC is much better, and there aren't adverts. Thats how football should be, so you can watch the whole match and not have to put up with adverts. I'd pay extra for that.
Looks like i'll be buying sky now.
You're complaining about adverts on ITV!!!

Wait until you get sky mate :eek: :rolleyes:

And what about David Pleat!!! I'm petitioning for him to receive an OBE :p

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
are u all mad itv was crap when we won the champions league they give us about twenty minutes of the trophy being paraded where as sky would give us hours

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
sparkic said:
Does this make a difference? I wouldn't know because Im a forigner but does it really matter who shows the game?
ITV comes in the main tv package that most households in Britain have.
You have to pay a lot extra to get the Sky channels, so basically hundreds of thousands of people wont be able to watch it in their homes.:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts