Manchester United Talk banner

Sneijder - I won't join United

4K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  Da Devil 
#1 ·
Wesley Sneijder has categorically denied that he will be part of any swap deal that would see him leave the Benabeu.

Midfielder will not swap places with Ronaldo
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3734692,00.html

Wesley Sneijder has dismissed suggestions he could join Manchester United, saying he wants to stay at Real Madrid.

Reports have claimed that the Dutch midfielder could be used as bait in Real's bid to secure the signing of United winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sneijder enjoyed an impressive first season at Real after arriving from Ajax and has no plans to leave the Spanish champions.

Instead, the 24-year-old is hoping Ronaldo joins him at the Bernabeu, and that Robinho is also not offered as part exchange for the Portugal international.

Not happening

"I'd like to comment briefly on the reports and rumours that I might be going to Manchester United as part of some kind of exchange deal," Sneijder told his personal website.

"As I've said already, when I left Ajax, all I wanted was to go to Real Madrid. They are the best club in the world.

"And now that I'm here, all I want is to win as many trophies as I can with them and wear the white shirt for as long as possible.

"The same rumours have been doing the rounds about Robinho. Well, I hope he stays too, and I hope that Cristiano Ronaldo joins us at the Bernabeu.

"In short, I'm flattered to be linked to Manchester United...but it's not happening. End of story."

- Urgh! Fine! Stay at your biggest club in the world. We don't want any losers here anyway! ...ok ok ... no sour grapes. Sneijder has had a very good season and did well in the Euros. Even in the defeat to Russia, he was a constant threat. He is a very good attacking midfielder, but we have options in that department. I also don't want to see anymore players joining United, who don't want to be here badly enough.

See less See more
#3 ·
well if they wont pay 80m, and their only player that interests us wont come ... it looks like Real wont be getting their man doesnt it :) personally i'd still take 50m - 60m plus Drenthe, thats if Ronnie ends up causing bad team spirit or a negative morale, imo we'll keep him because we've stood strong so far and i think we will continue, im proud of the way we've conducted ourselves :)

#4 ·
Drew9 said:
well if they wont pay 80m, and their only player that interests us wont come ... it looks like Real wont be getting their man doesnt it :) personally i'd still take 50m - 60m plus Drenthe, thats if Ronnie ends up causing bad team spirit or a negative morale, imo we'll keep him because we've stood strong so far and i think we will continue, im proud of the way we've conducted ourselves :)
+
+
Personally, I'dtake anyhing that breaks the fee for Zidane.

Zidane was even better than Ronaldo, so if we can get more than 47million pounds I'd take it.

If Robinho were thrown into the mix, then even better!

#7 ·
Ramos is a poor defender. Cant see why people dont appreciate this. If anything his mediocre performance in the Euros should have shown this.
Never been the biggest Wes Brown fan, but he had a good season and is a better defender than Ramos who is clumsy. Remember he defends for Madrid in the 3-2 league. That level of defending is not acceptable in the Premiership.

#8 ·
abcdef said:
Ramos is a poor defender. Cant see why people dont appreciate this. If anything his mediocre performance in the Euros should have shown this.
Never been the biggest Wes Brown fan, but he had a good season and is a better defender than Ramos who is clumsy. Remember he defends for Madrid in the 3-2 league. That level of defending is not acceptable in the Premiership.
one important thing to remember is not to buy out of international comps, so many flops down the line to prove that so you should never judge a player through the internationals

but i can accept you dont rate ramos because their are a number of right backs united fans would accept but i wouldnt, my personal opinion is that lahm and ramos are the best two right backs in the world and would fit perfectly into our style of player, we like are wing backs to overlap and wel lahm is the best for that but ramos can do it to. he is also very versatile

#9 ·
abcdef said:
I cannot agree with this.

Sergio Ramos is better than Wes Brown. for sure.

I've only seen him make an error twice. Once for Madrid and on that occasion, he made sure he got the ball back and once in the Euros when he was outmuscled by Zlatan Ibrahimoovic.

Other than that, his reading of the game/positioning is superior to Wes Brown.

I just don't think we desperately need a right back, whereas we need a striker and Robinho can play as a striker AND as a left winger.

#10 ·
abcdef said:
that's a joke actually, how can you say he is clumsy? and that brown is better then ramos? i almost bit my finger nails off every time we played a good team and a player came rushing towards brown on the left/right wing. He is clumsy and got tricked down some times.

#11 ·
Robinho? Drenthe?

If I am not mistaken Drenthe was awful for Real last season and barely played after the first couple of games, Judas and Macelo where keeping him out of the team. Robinho is okay, he isn't strong enough to play in the Prem and not to mention can be so inconsistant

All in all I don't want any Madrid players other than Ramos

#12 ·
Ando2008 said:
Robinho? Drenthe?

If I am not mistaken Drenthe was awful for Real last season and barely played after the first couple of games, Judas and Macelo where keeping him out of the team. Robinho is okay, he isn't strong enough to play in the Prem and not to mention can be so inconsistant

All in all I don't want any Madrid players other than Ramos
Casillas? :)

#15 ·
That was a big flat rejection alright. No matter. It is only Sneijder. :rolleyes:

But does any of you honestly start to wonder aloud so who is really proud, serious and looking forward to want to join us at all?! Forget all the Kaka-type-of dream talk that is not practical, you know and I know, or just plain lip service to the media.

So far, we only have a young Italian who will probably be directed to the Academy, if not, to the Reserves at best.

Euro 08 is coming to an end and still no practically viable player even being mentioned more than usual.

And we are still stucked with a small boy with a big ego who wants to leave, probably holding up our transfer plan.

Not good so far in the transfer market it seems....

#18 ·
RedForceRising said:
+
+
Personally, I'dtake anyhing that breaks the fee for Zidane.

Zidane was even better than Ronaldo, so if we can get more than 47million pounds I'd take it.

If Robinho were thrown into the mix, then even better!
Although i do agree that Zidane was a better player, football and times have moved on, i wouldnt accept 47m no way, for what he could earn them for non footballing reasons alone i wouldnt accept it. i think we have to be lookin at 75 - 80m alone or 50m plus a player or two. But like i've said im proud of us at the moment we dont look like cracking under the pressure of trying to keep him, we're just sticking to our guns :)

#20 ·
stretty said:
i think somebody should tell him that united dont want him , its cheeky for him to think he is coveted by united
he didnt say he was coveted by utd, in fairness to the lad he was probably answering a question based on paper talk, as we have all seen and read in the last few weeks the media is speculating on a swap deal. if he doesnt fancy playing at ot that is his perogative we shouldnt slate the guy for it and least he is being honest which is more than can be said of a certain little rat.

#23 ·
RedForceRising said:
I cannot agree with this.

Sergio Ramos is better than Wes Brown. for sure.

I've only seen him make an error twice. Once for Madrid and on that occasion, he made sure he got the ball back and once in the Euros when he was outmuscled by Zlatan Ibrahimoovic.

Other than that, his reading of the game/positioning is superior to Wes Brown.

I just don't think we desperately need a right back, whereas we need a striker and Robinho can play as a striker AND as a left winger.
We won't be going after Ramos...sorry. Wes was re signed and now Gary Neville is back for another 2 years at least!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.