Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched interview on ssn and i reckon mr adams will be renewing his friendship with vlad and jack before the season is out .

He has the look of lush about him .

pompey its part in my downfall ---- i can see the book front now :eek:

i have an idea for a saturday night show and ant and dec need to be worried .

Celebrity rehab house !!!!!!

We can choose who to tempt of the straight and narrow and there can be a secret bar instead of a diary room .

THe losing pair each week could be lagered up then made to partake in a bum fight to the death .

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:D Go on tony have a lager -- you know you want it !!!

he is clearly well liked as not one reply .:)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a man i admire him tremendously but just like hundreds of great players in past its clear he will not cut it as a manager .

Roy keane looks like being the same . Bobby Charlton failed as a manager remember

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
thekeanefella said:
lmao ... trust haggs eh..

id say adams has 2 more games to save his job.

i wouldnt even think 2 games i would not be shocked if he didnt have a job 2moz morning

lets face it his team gifted a win at home when they were leading and they ended up loosing how can players have faith in a man who cant even make decisions to hold a lead?

and before someone says it was liverpool ... sorry but that team was as average as blackburns first team

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
haggler said:
As a man i admire him tremendously but just like hundreds of great players in past its clear he will not cut it as a manager .

Roy keane looks like being the same . Bobby Charlton failed as a manager remember
:rolleyes:
bollocks to that Hags.....
Keane did a great job as manager (his first job)
now take that back!

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
haggler said:

Yea i agree with you

Z

·
0 Posts
He should just quit. If you're in a winning position with 5 minutes left and you end up losing the game you've got no business being a manager. Shut up shop, boot it up the pitch at every chance and defend for your life. The pundits were saying Portsmouth were unlucky to lose, I think they deserved everything they got, feck all.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jazz 16 said:
now take that back!
sorry mate he failed badly . He might come back and make a great job of it but i doubt it . He was given a ton of money and wasted it on an old pals act . I thought he would be a great manager but i was wrong . Pretty much every great manager was an average player or had career cut short .

Roy as a boss was a diluted version of the player .

Z

·
0 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
now take that back!
He did well in the Championship but was awful in the Premier League. He spent a ton of money and still only finished a point above teams that had spent a fraction of what he did. The players under him were scared to go to training because he was such a ****, that's no way to treat your players. The people who tip him as Fergie's successor should re-evaluate their opinions because they're based on sentimentality rather than reality.

·
Registered
50 Posts
haggler said:
sorry mate he failed badly . He might come back and make a great job of it but i doubt it . He was given a ton of money and wasted it on an old pals act . I thought he would be a great manager but i was wrong . Pretty much every great manager was an average player or had career cut short .

Roy as a boss was a diluted version of the player .

True true - I mean, gaining promotion in his first season, what a useless feck-arse he was!
He wasn't a diluted version of himself at all - his players bloody were tho :mad:

It was his first managerial job and by most people's standards, realistic standards that is, it was pretty amazing. He needs to go away now and figure out how to be part of the human race - it was easy to go out onto the field hating everyone and everything and translating that into performances. Not so easy to still feel like that and have to deal with coddled footballers I would imagine. He's not done yet, by any means, just you watch :p

Z

·
0 Posts
keeannoh said:
True true - I mean, gaining promotion in his first season, what a useless feck-arse he was!
He wasn't a diluted version of himself at all - his players bloody were tho :mad:

It was his first managerial job and by most people's standards, realistic standards that is, it was pretty amazing. He needs to go away now and figure out how to be part of the human race - it was easy to go out onto the field hating everyone and everything and translating that into performances. Not so easy to still feel like that and have to deal with coddled footballers I would imagine. He's not done yet, by any means, just you watch :p
He brought those players in and if he couldn't get the best out of them it's poor management whichever way you look at it. There are plenty of managers that gain promotion to the Premiership but then can't hack it at top level and they're labelled failures and rightly so, Roy Keane should be treated exactly the same as any other manager who fails at his job, but because he's a United legend people let their red tinted goggles get in the way of giving an objective opinion. His own players said they were scared to come to training because of the way he treated them, that's poor man management. They were all relieved when he left and admitted as much in the press. He could make a good manager in the Championship but he won't be up to Premiership standard for many many years, if ever. His ego is way too big.

·
Registered
50 Posts
-zuco- said:
He brought those players in and if he couldn't get the best out of them it's poor management whichever way you look at it. There are plenty of managers that gain promotion to the Premiership but then can't hack it at top level and they're labelled failures and rightly so, Roy Keane should be treated exactly the same as any other manager who fails at his job, but because he's a United legend people let their red tinted goggles get in the way of giving an objective opinion. His own players said they were scared to come to training because of the way he treated them, that's poor man management. They were all relieved when he left and admitted as much in the press. He could make a good manager in the Championship but he won't be up to Premiership standard for many many years, if ever. His ego is way too big.
I honestly don't think it's an ego problem - maybe a personality disorder (only half joking there)? I agree that his man-management is poor and that really is something he will need to face up to if he is ever to make it at the highest level. As for the players being scared, come off it. Scared of some home truths probably. that's a big part of Keane's problem, he has little or no subtlety. I'm beginning to think that someone should send him off to Utah to brat camp - break him down and put him back together again!
And its not red-tinted specs that I'm wearing here Zuco. I really believe that he's got most of what it takes to be great as a manager. Unfortunately, the part he's missing is an essential part, but not unfixable ultimately.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Will80 said:
One of the worst managers in the history of the league

Worst statement i've ever seen on this site, it's so brown i'm surprised it made it through the filter.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
keeannoh said:
I honestly don't think it's an ego problem - maybe a personality disorder (only half joking there)? I agree that his man-management is poor and that really is something he will need to face up to if he is ever to make it at the highest level. As for the players being scared, come off it. Scared of some home truths probably. that's a big part of Keane's problem, he has little or no subtlety. I'm beginning to think that someone should send him off to Utah to brat camp - break him down and put him back together again!
And its not red-tinted specs that I'm wearing here Zuco. I really believe that he's got most of what it takes to be great as a manager. Unfortunately, the part he's missing is an essential part, but not unfixable ultimately.
Failure could be the making of him . As a player he gave everything and could not abide anyone who didnt . Managers have to know how to eek the best out of slackers . I do not think roy has the ability to ******** and coddle the precious . Fergie puts arm round the shy kicks butt of the arrogant ,matches intellect with the bright but above all looks after his own .

Z

·
0 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Worst statement i've ever seen on this site, it's so brown i'm surprised it made it through the filter.
I think he means Tony Adams, not your beloved Keano :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts