Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah as the tittle says what was fergies 'suprise'?!?!
i cant imagin it being berbatov weve been linked with him from about as long i as i can think perhaps this time last season.
plus we all knew we had a bid rejected for him in jan.
so surely this cant be the 'suprise fergie was talking about?

so my train of thought is telling me that fergie had another target aswell as berba perhaps but it got rejected and fergie had to go for his main target (berba)
or perhaps it was that sponcership deal we signed not so long ago?
or was berbatov just the worst kept secret in football history and was fergies suprise all along?!?!

your views?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VaVaVoom said:
Saha leaving.......... nobody saw that.
i think silvestre going le arse was more suprising although i dont think thats what fergie had in mind when he made that comment lol

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2OLEGEND said:
Here Is The Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doubt thats the suprise you would of have to be living on the moon to not know united wanted berba
infact i bet some of them astronaughts even know about it

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
i think silvestre going le arse was more suprising although i dont think thats what fergie had in mind when he made that comment lol
We all know that lol
it wasnt a player leaving that he was on about.

Sivestre was been linked with other clubs,so i wasnt to shocked to be honest A_L_F !i wasnt too surprised to see him go,
maybe not to the gunners tho.

But its just Fergie really, playing his mind games!!!
I was shocked Saha went but i know that it wasnt the "Surprise" Fergie was on about!

·
Banned
83 Posts
Hahahahahaha I Don't Care We Got A God And You Are Fighting With Me!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahaha The Surprise Was That Al Citey Would Snap Our Reject > Robhino In Front Of Chelski Nose!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
That's quite alot of unexpected stuff actually for United... A sweet last minute signing of Berbatov when all hope are lost, the departure of Silvestre to Arsenal and suprisingly Everton go against all odds to sign a player (Saha) who haven't been playing a real soccer match???

But I'm definately happy with the signing...
Let's play beautiful football, we are on our way to release it on the scoucers...

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Been honest i think if the Berbatov deal was to fall through i think we would have gotton ourselfs a surprise.... Owen or someone like that. who knows

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VaVaVoom said:
We all know that lol
it wasnt a player leaving that he was on about.

Sivestre was been linked with other clubs,so i wasnt to shocked to be honest A_L_F !i wasnt too surprised to see him go,
maybe not to the gunners tho.

But its just Fergie really, playing his mind games!!!
I was shocked Saha went but i know that it wasnt the "Surprise" Fergie was on about!
haha yeah i know your kidding

yeah it was more shocking that he went to le arse then him leaving

yeah it could well of been fergie playing mind game
although i thought he mite have some young talent lined up but perhaps not
perhaps well never know

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
2OLEGEND said:
Hahahahahaha I Don't Care We Got A God And You Are Fighting With Me!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahaha The Surprise Was That Al Citey Would Snap Our Reject > Robhino In Front Of Chelski Nose!!!!!!!!
a god ? berbatov ? i really dont see it .

maybe everyone else sees something i do not but i think that this will be almost as big a waste of cash as veron was

·
23,699 Posts
haggler said:
a god ? berbatov ? i really dont see it .

maybe everyone else sees something i do not but i think that this will be almost as big a waste of cash as veron was
In all fairness and goodness, give the Berbatov camp a chance to prove their case after all the efforts, the time, the energy and emotions spent on this saga, plus now the irreversible fact that he is wearing red.... :)

We just scrutinise together and compare notes by PM but of course every move he makes, on and off the pitch, for example, if he walks or run on the pitch, if he is just duplicating what Tevez has been doing or truly adding to what we have been lacking in the frontline as we have been witnessing.... if he digs his nose with his left or with his right etc. ;)

·
23,699 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
So yeah as the tittle says what was fergies 'suprise'?!?!
Good point I must say. Berbatov can't be a surprise at all and the sale of players is also not positive enough to be labelled as a surprise as according to fans' naturally optimistic expectations at all times.

I can only reckon that Fergie's surprise for us is... he could not surprise the ever-smarter fans this time round. :p

·
Registered
566 Posts
maybe its just a trick to tempt spurs into accepting their bid for berba by hinting that theres a surprise that was never there.
just another part of fergie's mind games.

·
Registered
734 Posts
i love fergie what a man, and better again Rob went to city and not chelsea as much as people think he might be a flop not a chance hes too good, i hope he keeps fool out of 4th.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Come on guys, this is an easy one. Obviously the surprise is that he's not going to retire in 2010 like he said.

Surely NO ONE would expect him to back out of a retirement plan... ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The suprise Fergie was referring to was certainly about a player joining not a player leaving.

I think he really thought he would have had Berba in the bag sooner and probably spoke too soon.

It doesn't matter now as he's our player.

I wish we had gotten Huntelaar. 10million pounds cheaper, 2 1/2 years younger and more clinical, but Berba is a great striker and we'll give us a real chance this season.

Silvestre to Arsenal and Robinho to Man City must be the surprise transfers of the season!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts