Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming we play one of the three, which one would get your vote for the role?

I think tevez will start considering his recent shifts of both quality and hard work. So if we play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3...and tevez starts, it is possible that none of these will play BUT if we play 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1 and tevez does not play...who will get the role? We already know providing they are fit, ronaldo and rooney are guaranteed a spot.

So who would it be for you and why?...you can speak about what formation you think it will be etc as well...just curious because its an interesting time ahead!

For me personally i think tevez does alot of hard work but provides something with it too whilst park runs a whole lot, amazing energy infact but i dont think he does anything going forward for united. In this game i think match winners/assists or a moment of brilliance is what could be the difference and for that reason, park would be my third chioce.

Nani works hard but not like park but he is not someone who will allow himself to be bullied and can provide a moment of magic with his shooting and has the ability to create goals with his crossing and penetration...but can he relied upon? He is still young/new and noone really knows what will happen yet when nani comes onto the pitch.

Finally you have Giggs...Bags of experience, tracks back but is gettin old, does not go past players like he used to and seems a little off pace at times but noone can deny his class. One moment of magic from giggs could be the difference.

Really for myself, my chioce would be giggs or nani...i really cannot decide which of the two i would pick...

Your thoughts?

pz

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
The team imo shall be

VDS, Evra, Rio, Vidic, Brown, Ronaldo, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Tevez, Rooney

Park gets the nod in my team.

No space for Hargreaves though....

·
Registered
309 Posts
United_OG said:
Assuming we play one of the three, which one would get your vote for the role?

I think tevez will start considering his recent shifts of both quality and hard work. So if we play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3...and tevez starts, it is possible that none of these will play BUT if we play 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1 and tevez does not play...who will get the role? We already know providing they are fit, ronaldo and rooney are guaranteed a spot.

So who would it be for you and why?...you can speak about what formation you think it will be etc as well...just curious because its an interesting time ahead!

For me personally i think tevez does alot of hard work but provides something with it too whilst park runs a whole lot, amazing energy infact but i dont think he does anything going forward for united. In this game i think match winners/assists or a moment of brilliance is what could be the difference and for that reason, park would be my third chioce.

Nani works hard but not like park but he is not someone who will allow himself to be bullied and can provide a moment of magic with his shooting and has the ability to create goals with his crossing and penetration...but can he relied upon? He is still young/new and noone really knows what will happen yet when nani comes onto the pitch.

Finally you have Giggs...Bags of experience, tracks back but is gettin old, does not go past players like he used to and seems a little off pace at times but noone can deny his class. One moment of magic from giggs could be the difference.

Really for myself, my chioce would be giggs or nani...i really cannot decide which of the two i would pick...

Your thoughts?

pz

excellent post mate glad we can talk about a different topic this time other than the usual rooney/ronaldo debate lol.

Personally it would be park for me and where i slightly disagree I do think he has an end product and can blend in well with united's one touch passing movements. Nani as you say is too raw and unpredictable to throw in on a massive occasion like this one. Good impact sub to bring on though. Giggs just doesnt have it any more and especially not against the chelsea's of this world but again a good option from tyhe bench particularly ewth his experience

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Park Life

Fergie has got to start with Park. On form he is better than Giggs and plays more for the team than Nani!

Nani has had many chances to prove himself and while he has made some crucial assists, he is sometimes too selfish. Anderson understands that, if you play for the team, people will remember your name (Lionel Messi said that in an Adidas ad :) )

On skill, I would prefer Nani, but we need a stronger team spirit than Chelsea and that is what park will give you.

We also need someone who is calm in this situations and Park is ice cold man. He has never shown any signs of nerves and who will make the team-orientated decision.

Against Blackburn after Tevez equalized Nani had the ball on the edge of the area. He couldn;t decide whether to pass or shoot and in the end he made a meal of it and sent the ball into the stands, when there were several players queuing up to head it. That summed up a lot about his decision-making and about whether he puts the team or himself first.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Park will start imo.

It's important that Chelsea's midfield do not boss the game so we need hard-working players who can run for 90 minutes and win back the ball. Park fits the bill for me.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Imo, it should be giggs as he has been a fantastic servant to the club, but replace him in say 60 70 mins with Nani. I no nani hasn't been amazing this season so far, but trust me in 1 or 2 seasons he will be immense. Not better than ronnie but really good. He is getting better all the time, just needs to make his mind up when he gets into the opposition half. But other than that i can see him n ronnie playing every game next season with giggsy and park being subs! :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i say park...he seems to be in better form.......
but i dont think we should start with tevez..we should start with rooney and then put in tevez later.......tevez has good speed and does a hell of a job and iwth his energy he will surely do a good job as sub...we dont have anyone who can come off the bench and do something special!!!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think Park will play.

He deserves it on form. Hes had a great half-season since he came back, and I really admire him as a player.

However, I think we should play 4-3-3 with Anderson, Scholes and Carrick in midfield with Tevez and Ronaldo supporting Rooney. I think Chelseas physical approach to the game won't suit Park, although he does deserve to start.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Park v Giggs

Park to start for me , will run his socks off for the team ,will track back and offer support, and is always capable of been on the end of a move at the action end, As for his experience of big matches has played in a CL League semi-final and a World Cup Semi before he came to UTD.

Giggs for me will be more important coming on as impact sub in the last 20mins whether its for his experience in closing out a game that we have a lead or a moment of magic/skill in a game we may be chasing or try to win. Either way Giggs would be best used against trying player where his lost of pace is not as apparent.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
to be honest, i always say stick with what got you here...but i would love to see a 3-5-2 Hargo to chase the alternating runs of ballack and lampard, carrick and scholes to boss the midfield, giggs to come on with 30 left for either park, rooney or tevez with fletcher on for carrick for defense

-----------VDS----------
Vidic---- Rio---- Evra-
--------Hargo--------
---Carrick--Scholes--
Ronaldo--------Park-
----Rooney-----------
------------Tevez-----

·
23,699 Posts
Between Park, Giggs and Nani, I think Park should start. Going for the 28th game now as a lucky charm?

But seriously, against the very tough and formidable Chelsea, I do expect a very tight game in which any lapse in concentration or unwitting offer of space would be fully exploited and duly punished. We thus really do need players like Park for his industry to run himself to the ground to both track back and to deny space.

Giggs has been brilliant in the last few games albeit as a late substitute. This is one thing we probably all noticed by now. When there are enough tired legs on the field, he would then really come in handy and be a handful for the opponents. Sad but true and no big deal, for based on this supersub 'strategy', I do think he would have at least one, two years more of productivity left in him for us.

Nani? I do agree with some here that he is too young and inexperienced for this, and probably would be overrawed by such a gigantic affair. He can cheer us on though... from wherever he is.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would love to choose Nani, but I guess he will be punished and left out of the starting eleven... Giggs and Park, Park will be my choice... Giggs will feature for a record breaking apperances... Nani will give us better service in terms of crossing and taking the ball down the flanks, Park will give us better tracking of players in terms of better defending. Giggs will be out of the race compared to these 2.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts