Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would you rate as your fave ref ?

Either because you think he is accurate and fair or a closet red .

And who is the biggest buffoon ever to blow a whistle in anger ???

ellery wins my vote as the biggest knob ever to ref for what its worth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/breakfast_with_frost/3018231.stm

courtesy of breakfast with frost

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Collina and Frisk were my two favourites. They were both fantastic.

Now though, I'm not really sure if I'm honest. I don't know as many refs in Europe as I did, and in England the refs are all at a pretty low standard.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
Howard Webb. Has made some mistakes this season but he is still the best ref in the Prem.
Agreed.

Every ref makes some mistakes, and the media always make a really big deal about them if they go in United's favour :)rolleyes:). Webb has made a few high-profile mistakes this season but they have been exaggerated by the media. On the whole, he doesn't make very mistakes at all, and usually has a good game. He's still the best and generally a very good ref.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yes, but a couple of weeks later he only booked an Arsenal players, Gibbs it was, against Wigan for the same thing that he sent Vidic off for. :)confused:) and he's been involved in controversy tonight.
Yeah, what was that about?
I think he blew the whistle for a penalty for Pompey, but then they scored and he let the goal stand. By the laws of the game, he should have given the penalty. Was that it?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yeah, what was that about?
I think he blew the whistle for a penalty for Pompey, but then they scored and he let the goal stand. By the laws of the game, he should have given the penalty. Was that it?
Yeah, that was it. He blew the whistle before the player shot so should have awarded the penalty. I think what had an influence was because the goalscorer wheeled away and took his shirt off, so I don't think he wanted to book the Pompey player and give the penalty.

They were all defending him on Setanta, but he got it wrong I think. He knew he did as well imo, because when they were celebrating he was rubbing his forehead and his expression looked to be one of "What now?"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.