Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
if no racist words were used then i fully agree with the treatment they gave him because remember he dumped on them big time while they idolised him , and he was the club captain who left to join arsenal .and if anybody disagrees on the subject could you tell me how you would deal with it if ronaldo or rooney were to join city {and it could happen !money talks} , would you applaude them or shout abuse with the rest of the idiots.yes i do believe we would all be idiots in such a situation.

S

·
0 Posts
eoininho said:
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4230089,00.html

What is every1 on about saying there were racist words in the song they sang about him?? Drives me nuts sometimes witch hunts like this!! If some1 calls Rooney fat and Ugly no1 bats an eyelid, minute its a player like Sol its racism... he deserves every bit of the abuse he gets for what he did to Spurs! f**k him!
I think you need to read the article again.
There is no mention in the article that the chant is racist
nor is there in any such claims in the comments that
have been posted. :confused:

So i dont know who the every1 is who is saying it is racist.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Spurs fans (and pretty much all fans now that I think of it) sing chants about how Arsene Wenger is a pedophile all the time. People should chill out maybe? Though pedophilia is probably crossing the line. As long as a player's kids are left out of it, I think chants are fine no matter what.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SALFORD RED said:
I think you need to read the article again.
There is no mention in the article that the chant is racist
nor is there in any such claims in the comments that
have been posted. :confused:

So i dont know who the every1 is who is saying it is racist.
there is suggestions that the chants were racist. when i read it today there were comments by ppl saying that it was racist abuse he was getting!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
It is a racist chant. If Sol was white I doubt the line about "you hanging from a tree" would be in it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
such chants dont say 'we are better then you' or 'our team is better then yours'...it only say ' Im more stupid then you mate!'

S

·
0 Posts
piazza said:
It is a racist chant. If Sol was white I doubt the line about "you hanging from a tree" would be in it.
ROFLMAO, Obviously you've not heard the song to the tune of "there is a tavern in the town", with the line..

"we're gonna hang Malcolm Glazer from the nearest ****ing tree "

Sung by thousands of Manchester United fans.
But they are not racist because they are singing it about a white guy.

Now put the name Sol Campbell in place of Glazer and it suddenly becomes racist.

Some people can find racism where there is none if they try hard enough i guess.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
ROFLMAO, Obviously you've not heard the song to the tune of "there is a tavern in the town", with the line..

"we're gonna hang Malcolm Glazer from the nearest ****ing tree "

Sung by thousands of Manchester United fans.
But they are not racist because they are singing it about a white guy.

Now put the name Sol Campbell in place of Glazer and it suddenly becomes racist.

Some people can find racism where there is none if they try hard enough i guess.

I think its quite obvious I've never heard that song. :p

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
its just football banter , there have been worse songs than that in the past.
fans can be nasty when betrayed by one of their favourite players .
if one of our top players went to liverpool he would get the same reaction

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
90 per cent of all good jokes are either racist sexist fattist thinnest etc etc etc ---- you dislike a kid with red hair hes a ginger nut duracell carrot top --- fat bloke bubble 07 salad dodger gutbucket etc etc . human nature being what it is we pick on the obvious and rip the mick . its a cruel world out there and too many are looking to be offended . i do not care if someone gets on my wick and they are black they will be called a black b if they are thin a lanky streak of if spotty -- pizza features --- if they have nothing obvious i will pick on thier nose ears whatever . refs have had dogs abuse for years with any thing being picked on . i have one ear that sticks out so my mates call me wing nut ----- should i sue for emotional abuse or tell them to go forth fatty ?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
haggler said:
90 per cent of all good jokes are either racist sexist fattist thinnest etc etc etc ---- you dislike a kid with red hair hes a ginger nut duracell carrot top --- fat bloke bubble 07 salad dodger gutbucket etc etc . human nature being what it is we pick on the obvious and rip the mick . its a cruel world out there and too many are looking to be offended . i do not care if someone gets on my wick and they are black they will be called a black b if they are thin a lanky streak of if spotty -- pizza features --- if they have nothing obvious i will pick on thier nose ears whatever . refs have had dogs abuse for years with any thing being picked on . i have one ear that sticks out so my mates call me wing nut ----- should i sue for emotional abuse or tell them to go forth fatty ?
lol funny and spot on

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
haggler said:
your dead right buddy if we could not take the **** life would not be worth living. i despise people being picked on because of their colour but what gets me is you watch gangster or gang films with top black actors and the line "your my nigger or hey nigger come here" is always said by those actors ,if a white man said that in public he would get arrested .if coloured people say its called streetslang if white people say it we are racist:confused:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
piazza said:
huh??? thats the thing i dont get... hanging wasnt a death penalty used exclusively for black people!!

so if some1 says they want to hang rooney from a tree , thats ok?

I think your interpretation of the song is racist... the song itself is not racist, its giving much deserved abuse to an absolute dickhead!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SALFORD RED said:

exactly my point, people get way too caught up in the PC bull****! Sol Campbell is an *******, and deserves abuse the fact that he is black is completely irrelevant!!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
eoininho said:
huh??? thats the thing i dont get... hanging wasnt a death penalty used exclusively for black people!!

so if some1 says they want to hang rooney from a tree , thats ok?

I think your interpretation of the song is racist... the song itself is not racist, its giving much deserved abuse to an absolute dickhead!
I think it gets lost in translation. Where I'm from, countless black people were hung from trees in the past. Whites weren't hung from trees in the USA.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts