Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fazman said:
I will doing my best to get to the game but I am abit confused why its against espanyol
So am I, mate, so am I.

Would of thought it would of been against Bayern Munich, from what I gather from various sources, United tried to get Munich to be the opposition but they failed and went for Espanyol. Bayern Munich was first choice though.

Wonder if it would just be United v Espanyol, or a bunch of old players whom Ole worked with come back and play again for United (al la Sheringham, Becks etc).

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Stephen said:
So am I, mate, so am I.

Would of thought it would of been against Bayern Munich, from what I gather from various sources, United tried to get Munich to be the opposition but they failed and went for Espanyol. Bayern Munich was first choice though.

Wonder if it would just be United v Espanyol, or a bunch of old players whom Ole worked with come back and play again for United (al la Sheringham, Becks etc).

maybe it would be great to see beckham and sheringham play . The only other reason I can think of is that espanyol are from barcelona maybe they tried to get bayern and barcelona couldnt get either so went with espanyol

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
what are ticket prices like for testimonials? Might try go to this as im on holiday

To be honest these ticket will be hotter than any most league games you only have to look at roy keanes testimonal it was a sell out

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm a bit confused why its Espanyol as well.

It could have been against Molde or Norway, seeing as he played for them too, but I suppose Espanyol may just be a bit more dazzling.

Anyway, can't wait. Surely a TV channel will take it?

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
Regardless who it is against, I will try to get down for his testimonial. That's if I don't have photoshoot, hopefully not.

·
Registered
854 Posts
my favourite united player ever. i'll be there. i miss him greatly, something has been missing since he's left the team. there was no one i enjoyed seeing score more than olly. fantastic professional and great player. hope he's enjoying life after playing football. he has left me with so many memories and for that I will forever be thankful.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
my favourite united player ever. i'll be there. i miss him greatly, something has been missing since he's left the team. there was no one i enjoyed seeing score more than olly. fantastic professional and great player. hope he's enjoying life after playing football. he has left me with so many memories and for that I will forever be thankful.

me too will be going to that game for definite. we all should make it a sell-out to support ole and what he did for the club. 99 and all that

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'll definitely be trying to get tickets for it.

Solskjaer is responsible for the happiest moment of my life so far. I'd love to be able to thank him for it by going to his testimonial and singing his name for 90 minutes.

Absolute legend.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
fazman said:
your not going to be wearing a celtic top or jesters hat are you because real fan and his boys will kick your head in
No Faz, I wont be :rolleyes: and I doubt they would or could anyway ;)

Chances are he will be at an FC game anyway :rolleyes:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
sharafanta7 said:
I hope the game will come on tv since im in Egypt

does anyone know if becks, sheringham, cantona and the lads will play???
The only things confirmed so far are the date and opposition.

It will be on TV but I would assume it'll be on MUTV.

The game isn't until August and I'd be surprised if any more details were released before the end of the season.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts