Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We cant just go out and buy every great player.
It was obvious he was quality but we bought in 2 Serbs who can play wing.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
yeah what Jazz said its not possible to buy every player and there were still doubts about him as he had never played in Europe and only really came o peoples attention during Zenit's uefa cup run and win and the European championships that summer!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Because he doesn't play in a position where we desperately need players? Unless we play him always on the left wing which isn't really his preferred role. We can't have all the good players, and I think his style is more suited to Arsenal anyway.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
What about him?!
We bought him after he had a good EURO. Proved to be a bust.

Arshavin fever started after 2 good games against backlines who's average age meant they could have seen the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

And before anyone says "STUPID ASS, UEFA CUP :rolleyes:" They need only look at the opposition one encounters in the UEFA cup. Not to mention, I saw all his games in the UEFA cup, because I had the channel at that point in time, he wasn't spectacular.

·
Registered
55 Posts
arshavin great finshing by him tonight, 4 shots in the match and all in the back of the net, thats what we have been lacking from berby and tevez

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Tbh i have never rated him and im still not convinced.
fair play to him he did the business for le arse tonight and he seems to fit in quiet well there.
i still wouldnt want him at united.
a few good games here and there doesn't make him world class and i certainly dont think we missed out.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
well, we didn't need a player in his position, player selection/rotating would be difficult, and i still dont think he is AMAZING.

he has one good game and everyone wants to sign him - after another terrible game or two people will be calling him a flop - who knows, so many extreme fans these days

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
After watching the game tonight im asking myself the same question, why didn't we buy arshavin. Still can't figure it out, 6 goals and 4 assists in 9 PL games is pretty good for a left winger

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
My mates dad was a lawyer for SAF and is still good friends with him. SAF said ages ago he didn't want him because he was 28/29 and can be a bit of a problem behind the scenes.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, we didn't need a player in his position, player selection/rotating would be difficult, and i still dont think he is AMAZING.

he has one good game and everyone wants to sign him - after another terrible game or two people will be calling him a flop - who knows, so many extreme fans these days
Last time I checked, wings and forwards where our weakest positions. Without Rooney or Ronaldo we basically offer nothing against a quality club before Berba came.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
jury is still out on him. the four he scores against pool were all very poor defending. lets see him against a quality back four and see if he has that much joy

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
jury is still out on him. the four he scores against pool were all very poor defending. lets see him against a quality back four and see if he has that much joy
Nar thats not true he's a crackin player. Always makes good use of the ball and the defense he was playing against tonight aren't bad at all, especially with two class holding midfielders in front of them

1 - 20 of 40 Posts