Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My friends mother has recently passed away from cancer and he friend is devastated. He is a huge Manchester United fan and is only 16 years of age. Now i am wondering if i could get in contact with the club and see if they would be able to do something to make his day like meet the players or something, anything. Maybe they wont belive me that this has really happend but i am willing to give it a try.

So how do i go about getting in touch with the club and try to get something which will make him happy and take his mind off this awful loss.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Luke. :bye2:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hope they get back to you and give your friend something really good, nice thing you're doing there mate, good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recieved a reply today.

They said they cant allow him to meet the players but they can have a condolence letter by SAF sent to him.

I replied asking if i was to send a shirt would they be able to get it signed by or some of the players with the letter from SAF.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I suppose if they allowed the players to meet them then the players would have to either see every poor person who has had troubles, or meet some and not others which wouldn't be fair.

I hope they send a signed shirt though that shouldn't be too much to ask you'd imagine.

Best of luck, thoughts for your friend.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Recieved a reply today.

They said they cant allow him to meet the players but they can have a condolence letter by SAF sent to him.

I replied asking if i was to send a shirt would they be able to get it signed by or some of the players with the letter from SAF.
Glad to hear you got the reply.

I'm sure a shirt signed by the players is a more then reasonable request. Best of luck mate.! :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Glad to hear you got the reply.

I'm sure a shirt signed by the players is a more then reasonable request. Best of luck mate.! :)
yeah, lets hope so.
MAybe between a few of his mates, buy him a new jersey and you should get a few signings on it.
good luck.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Recieved a reply today.

That`s good matey, i`m glad :thumbsup:

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Its nice to know you got a repy, I'm sure some clubs would not even have the decency to do that

Its a good thing you're doing for your friend, fair play to you man :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are not able to get a shirt signed for me as they can only send signed shirts to registered charities wich is a shame due to them recieving numerous requests for signed shirts.

In a way i am dissapointed. I understand that they will recieve numerous requests, some from people in the same situation. I wish they could make an acceptance if i was to provide some kind of evidence.

:(

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
They are not able to get a shirt signed for me as they can only send signed shirts to registered charities wich is a shame due to them recieving numerous requests for signed shirts.

In a way i am dissapointed. I understand that they will recieve numerous requests, some from people in the same situation. I wish they could make an acceptance if i was to provide some kind of evidence.

:(
Sorry to hear man! Not sure what else to say, bar thinking on another gift. Trip to OT/tour/a match etc...

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
They won't, don't bother trying too hard as you'll only get rejected.

If you get a signed shirt for that, then anyone can put on a sob story to get what they want.

I wouldn't be suprised if the "condolences" letter from SAF, is typed from some jobsworth with a printed signature. Fergie probably knows nothing about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear that

sorry that they wont send u a signed shirt

maybe if you went up there or arranged a meeting with one of them you might be able to convince them

they proberbly get a lot of letters saying this

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah i imagine they probably would get alot of sob stories requesting a signed shirt so i respect that they will only do it for registered charities.

We went on the tour of OT only the other week and we try to go to as many games as possible as we apply for most games.
I'll have another think of an idea but like Stephen said, i imagine the letter of 'condolences' will just be typed up by some jobsworth.

Might have a look online and ebay see if any signed shirts are going for sale. Maybe get a few more close friends in on it and chip in towards one and get it framed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's a top thing your doing mate, and I'm sure your friend will really appreciate your efforts.

Just an idea, I'm not sure if they're still doing it but I know earlier on in the season you could have your picture taken with the European Cup and Premiership, maybe you could take your friend to get this done?

I'm not sure about this one but how about going down to Carrington one of the days (the place United train.) I don't know if you'd be able to catch any of the players coming out but I'm sure someone on here would be able to let you know if theres a chance of that happening.

I hope you manage to get something sorted bud.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts