Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My friends mother has recently passed away from cancer and he friend is devastated. He is a huge Manchester United fan and is only 16 years of age. Now i am wondering if i could get in contact with the club and see if they would be able to do something to make his day like meet the players or something, anything. Maybe they wont belive me that this has really happend but i am willing to give it a try.

So how do i go about getting in touch with the club and try to get something which will make him happy and take his mind off this awful loss.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Luke. :bye2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Recieved a reply today.

They said they cant allow him to meet the players but they can have a condolence letter by SAF sent to him.

I replied asking if i was to send a shirt would they be able to get it signed by or some of the players with the letter from SAF.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are not able to get a shirt signed for me as they can only send signed shirts to registered charities wich is a shame due to them recieving numerous requests for signed shirts.

In a way i am dissapointed. I understand that they will recieve numerous requests, some from people in the same situation. I wish they could make an acceptance if i was to provide some kind of evidence.

:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah i imagine they probably would get alot of sob stories requesting a signed shirt so i respect that they will only do it for registered charities.

We went on the tour of OT only the other week and we try to go to as many games as possible as we apply for most games.
I'll have another think of an idea but like Stephen said, i imagine the letter of 'condolences' will just be typed up by some jobsworth.

Might have a look online and ebay see if any signed shirts are going for sale. Maybe get a few more close friends in on it and chip in towards one and get it framed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I could wait after the game. I wonder if i was to contact cancer research uk and maybe they try to get a shirt and i could try to get the head teacher at my school to set something up to raise money for cancer research.

Anyway, thanks for the help and support guys.

Appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts