Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Spurs looked decent. Cracking goal from Bentley. He is a top player.
Darren Bent is having a good pre season as well, so hopefully they
wont need Berbatov ;-)
I read that Modric, Dos Santos and Bentley played some beautiful football
in midfield and tore it up. They will have an exciting team for sure this year.
Its always good to watch Spurs.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I've never understood why people weren't impressed with Bent. His record with Charlton spoke for itself and he's never really had a chance with Spurs.

I think they have potentially a brilliant team next year:

-----------------------------Bent-----------------------------

----Dos Santos--------------------------------Bentley---
----------------------------Modric------------------------------

-------------Huddlestone---------Zokora----------------------

--Bale------------L.King----------Woodgate-------Hutton--

----------------------------Gomez-------------------------------

Then they've got the likes of Dawson, Lennon, taarbat(sp?) and whoever else they bring in. Not to mention Berbatov.

The only problem is there 2 best CB's are walking sicknotes.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Why does Darren Bent get no credit? Isn't it more impressive to score with Charlton,where he wouldn't have quality around him, then somewhere else?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
^^^think they have just signed Corluka as well. He will replace Zokora probably
and toughen up their midfield.
I thought that to until I read this about 10 minutes ago lol

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3962550,00.html

Vedran Corluka has opted to shun a move to Tottenham and stay at Eastlands, Manchester City have confirmed.

Spurs moved for the Croatian defender last week - a story revealed by skysports.com - and had looked close to sealing a deal.

City have now revealed that Corluka has decided to stay after a 'heart-to-heart' with manager Mark Hughes.

"I am a huge admirer of Vedran," Hughes told the club's website.

"He is a top-class player with a bright future ahead of him and I am delighted that he continues to be a part of our plans at Manchester City.

"It is a real boost for everyone at the club.

"Vedran is a great lad and I am really looking forward to working with him over the coming seasons."

Hughes, who earlier on Sunday denied Stephen Ireland was heading to Sunderland, will be delighted to have seemingly won his battle to keep the 22-year-old.
-------------

piazza said:
Why does Darren Bent get no credit? Isn't it more impressive to score with Charlton,where he wouldn't have quality around him, then somewhere else?
I agree but it doesn't always work like that.

Sometimes players like being a big fish in a small pond but when they move to a bigger team they end up being more of a tadpole in the ocean. (I've been dying to say that since I though of it yesterday:D )

Sometimes players don't have the mentality to succeed at a top club.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
TheManc said:
I agree but it doesn't always work like that.

Sometimes players like being a big fish in a small pond but when they move to a bigger team they end up being more of a tadpole in the ocean. (I've been dying to say that since I though of it yesterday:D )

Sometimes players don't have the mentality to succeed at a top club.
He hasn't even got a fair shout yet though. Btw, great pun lol.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i honestly think spurs will have a pretty good season this year, this team is starting to look like ramos's team instead of the one he took over from jol, i could see them pushing for top 4 with he expence of arsenal or liverpool but they need a good run and as someone said they need there 2 CB to not get injured getting out there porsche haha

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
spurs are coming really good, maybe they could come up to be on the 4th to join the uefa champions league rather than loserpool fc. bad time for roma, they've by us 4 times in 2 years 7-1(H 07), 2-0(A 08), 1-0(H 08). wish them a luck for spurs to get that chance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts