Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a very young talented and powerful greek lad aged 18 plays for Panathinaikos and the national youth team and he also appearanced just for 45minutes in a friendly match against Cyprus right before Euro 2008 and he scored a brilliant goal into the first 5 minutes of the game!!! only to remind you that greece dont/cant score!!!
he is the best player greece have ever seen and i would like united to sign him! tomorrow the Euro2008 for the youth teams start and we will all have the chance to see him!
well i never speak for greek players(because none of them has anything special or talent:p ) but this kid is wonderful!!! just look for some videos on youtube!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
Last I heard Arsenal and Man United were scouting him. Iv seen some clips of him and he should be looked at closley before another club snaps him up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
haggler said:
mufc pavlos is clearly the lads cousin and is touting him !!!!

LOL - maybe even his agent! ;)

You know, I wonder sometimes if the papers scour forums like this one for juicy bits of gossip. I might not take long before we see "United linked with Greek Wunderkind" in the tabloids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
A Ninis to a Nani...Nono!... :p

Sotirios Ninis is a talanted young player. Otto Rehhagel left him out of the Greece Euro 08 squad in the last week or so when he had to cut off to get a 23 name squad. Maybe Ninis was the missing piece for the defending champions because their attack wasnt the strongest in Euro Champs.

One other interesting fact about Ninis is that he's born Albanian and have Greece citizenship.
Ninis is also mentioned amongst the names of the Croats Luca Modric and Ivan Rakitic when you talk about great prospects of Balkans. Thats not bad, is it?

Maybe Manucho can help us out with the scouting of this kid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well spellbound this is a very long story! there are some areas here near the albanian boarders and he was born there! but in all ways he went to greek schools, i dont know if he can speak albanian :) and i believe him when he says that he is greek.
the fact is that comparing with his strenght that guy has made a lot of improvement this year!!rossi is too thin to compare with ninis! the video you see above has been caught one year before! and my answer to if he can play in manchester united....i am 100% positive that he can! he loves football as i can see by his movements on the field, he can play and if panathinaikos keep him for another year they will destroy him!!!
i started this thread only because i was reading the news at that time and i read that we and arse*oles are after him!
after all we should try him! he plays for panathinaikos!!! they cant ask too much money!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,017 Posts
That Video doesn't show much,
There's more pictures rather than footage of the player,
So it's really hard to judge how good he is..!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
mufcpavlos said:
well spellbound this is a very long story! there are some areas here near the albanian boarders and he was born there! but in all ways he went to greek schools, i dont know if he can speak albanian :) and i believe him when he says that he is greek.
the fact is that comparing with his strenght that guy has made a lot of improvement this year!!rossi is too thin to compare with ninis! the video you see above has been caught one year before! and my answer to if he can play in manchester united....i am 100% positive that he can! he loves football as i can see by his movements on the field, he can play and if panathinaikos keep him for another year they will destroy him!!!
i started this thread only because i was reading the news at that time and i read that we and arse*oles are after him!
after all we should try him! he plays for panathinaikos!!! they cant ask too much money!!!!
Yeah this is a long story.:)

A friend of mine with roots down there told me about this guy awhile ago and he told me this young man is born in Himare in Albania. Maybe he got Greek ancestors since as you said Greece and Albania are neighbours and Ninis hometown is in the southern part of Albania.
I was also told this Ninis moved to Greece when he was 11-12 years old and have since then gotten his Greek citizenship.
But nevertheless, he's a Greek International.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shiven said:
That Video doesn't show much,
There's more pictures rather than footage of the player,
So it's really hard to judge how good he is..!!!!
we first show that guy a year ago when he did amazing things in his debut with the first team of panathinaikos! after that game press fell over him and he played too many games for his age! he played with the youth team of panathinaikos, the first team, the greek youth team and nobody thought that he was just 16years old with no muscles! they trained him too much and the result was to get his abs broken!!!! after a surgery he missed a whole 5-6 months of the season! but in that time i show him on tv and he did grow up!! after all the ex-coach of panathinaikos, victor munioz(ten cate is the new coach) didnt start him in any of the games, and for me he is the reason they lost the championship here in greece!


PS : this is why the vast majority of the greeks will never learn how to play football! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJAHFCfUrVY
look how some "guys"(animals) treated him!!! I was in that match!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i watched the game today between greece U19 and italy U19. greece lead the score after 23 minutes with a Pavlis' goal after ninis assisted him!italians scored a late one by penalty kick. in general ways ninis was the best player in the greek team. he had speed, energy and his tricks werent bad at all!! i hope anybody watched the game in order to have something to say :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I have never seen him play. He looks a bit small though.

But what I will say is I HATE people calling Ronaldo "CR7!"

God it drives me up the wall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
manutd004 said:
I have never seen him play. He looks a bit small though.

But what I will say is I HATE people calling Ronaldo "CR7!"

God it drives me up the wall.

Seconded.

The other day, my friend's father (Arsenal fan) asked over dinner how I felt about CR7 leaving.

I was so surprised he was familiar with that lingo that it took me a while to answer and he thought I didn't know what CR7 meant.

CR7 is such a marketing gimmick. Like Ronaldinho's R10 Nike campaign.

The only Nike products I have bought this decade are the Man Utd jerseys. Partly because of child labour, partly because i refuse to be a slave to advertising campaigns.

And I refuse to refer to players of the club I love by their marketing slogans.

Anyway, we have our own R10 - Rooney 10 :rolleyes:
...well now that he's a pudgy 'gordo' he could R100 :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stay on topic plz!

CR7 is a short way to say ronaldo :p
dont post just to post and increase your post counter!!!
 

·
Keen on Fella's
Joined
·
8,472 Posts
cr7 its ridiculous. the use of the name cr7 should be banned and anyone using it should be have their arms ripped off and be beaten to death with them..
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top