Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
A Ninis to a Nani...Nono!... :p

Sotirios Ninis is a talanted young player. Otto Rehhagel left him out of the Greece Euro 08 squad in the last week or so when he had to cut off to get a 23 name squad. Maybe Ninis was the missing piece for the defending champions because their attack wasnt the strongest in Euro Champs.

One other interesting fact about Ninis is that he's born Albanian and have Greece citizenship.
Ninis is also mentioned amongst the names of the Croats Luca Modric and Ivan Rakitic when you talk about great prospects of Balkans. Thats not bad, is it?

Maybe Manucho can help us out with the scouting of this kid.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
mufcpavlos said:
well spellbound this is a very long story! there are some areas here near the albanian boarders and he was born there! but in all ways he went to greek schools, i dont know if he can speak albanian :) and i believe him when he says that he is greek.
the fact is that comparing with his strenght that guy has made a lot of improvement this year!!rossi is too thin to compare with ninis! the video you see above has been caught one year before! and my answer to if he can play in manchester united....i am 100% positive that he can! he loves football as i can see by his movements on the field, he can play and if panathinaikos keep him for another year they will destroy him!!!
i started this thread only because i was reading the news at that time and i read that we and arse*oles are after him!
after all we should try him! he plays for panathinaikos!!! they cant ask too much money!!!!
Yeah this is a long story.:)

A friend of mine with roots down there told me about this guy awhile ago and he told me this young man is born in Himare in Albania. Maybe he got Greek ancestors since as you said Greece and Albania are neighbours and Ninis hometown is in the southern part of Albania.
I was also told this Ninis moved to Greece when he was 11-12 years old and have since then gotten his Greek citizenship.
But nevertheless, he's a Greek International.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.