Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been confirmed by Fergie apparently ...

That there will be a 3-game mini tournament in South Africa ...

Between United, The Kaiser Chiefs (I predict a riot :p) and The Orlando Pirates ...

Played between 19th and 26th July 2008 ...

I don't know a lot about these teams ...

But is it worthwhile playing these teams ... ?

Or is it a good thing ... ?

Or .....

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Not really ...

It's a pre-season tour ...

Been doing those for years ...
So you are saying, MUFC will go to the other side of the world to play a meaningless pre-season tour, just for training purposes?

Complete bull.

United want to raise the status to every corner of the world, they know they will get revenue from South Africans who will support United. Like I said, anything for a few bob.

Why can't we ever do a short one to Aberdeen (we used to), Wrexham or if you're desperate to go abroad France?

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stephen said:
So you are saying, MUFC will go to the other side of the world
to play a meaningless pre-season tour, just for training purposes?

Complete bull.

United want to raise the status to every corner of the world, they know they will
get revenue from South Africans who will support United. Like I said, anything for
a few bob.

Why can't we ever do a short one to Aberdeen (we used to), Wrexham or if
you're desperate to go abroad France?
It just seems to me to be
another chance for people to moan ...

We've been going to Asia for 5 or 6 years now ...

And yet it becomes a problem only now ... :confused:

Last season they played Irish team once, Preston, Doncaster ...

If I was a player I would love the chance to go away and have some warm up
games in a lovely climate against some new opposition. If it generates big
money that's a bonus too whichwe should be happy about.

The likes of Anderson, Hargreaves, Tevez, Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio etc etc
don't just appear from thin air. Maybe in fantasy land they do.

If you want the best you have to pay for it - and a trip to play Aberdeen,
Inverness and a quick stopover at Nuneaton on the way home wont do that !!!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
If you want the best you have to pay for it - and a trip to play Aberdeen, Inverness and a quick stopover at Nuneaton on the way home wont do that !!!
Hey! First the post in the Uefa Cup thread now this :mad:

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Hopefully we'll bring the trophy home...........should be a good one....didn't we win the league last time we played these teams pre-season?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I remember our games against them because they were the first United games I watched on MUTV.

We beat the Pirates 4-0 and drew 0-0 against the Chiefs in the 'final' but lost on penalties.

Perhaps this will become a regular pre-season tournament. I can't see us playing in the Amsterdam tournament again - Fergie was really annoyed about the suspensions Rooney and Scholes picked up at the start of last season.

Keano! said:
Hopefully we'll bring the trophy home...........should be a good one....didn't we win the league last time we played these teams pre-season?
Yeah, it was last season!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
So, Carly, can you please explain to me why Sir Alex Ferguson went to South Africa to arrange this pre-season friendly, immediatly after the City defeat, where he was meant to be giving the infamous hairdryer treatment on every single player, and motivate them for the massive cup tie on Saturday?

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I am getting the feeling that the Fergie displayed on our screens is not necessarily the Fergie behind the scenes. His power at OT is absolute and we all know absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
It has been confirmed by Fergie apparently ...

That there will be a 3-game mini tournament in South Africa ...

Between United, The Kaiser Chiefs (I predict a riot :p) and The Orlando Pirates ...

Played between 19th and 26th July 2008 ...

I don't know a lot about these teams ...

But is it worthwhile playing these teams ... ?

Or is it a good thing ... ?

Or .....
preseason friendlies... worthwhile? yeah for players fitness levels esp the english ones as no euro 2008 this summer

good thing? well they are on some kind of tour every season. malaysia..usa so really its just what utd do every pre-season. Except this season it S.Africa

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stephen said:
So, Carly, can you please explain to me why Sir Alex Ferguson went to South Africa to arrange this pre-season friendly, immediatly after the City defeat, where he was meant to be giving the infamous hairdryer treatment on every single player, and motivate them for the massive cup tie on Saturday?
I think that SAF not even wanting to talk to them showed how annoyed he was at them.....i think its worse then the hairdryer treatment, not going into the dressing room after the game.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dovorian said:
I think that SAF not even wanting to talk to them showed how annoyed he was at them.....i think its worse then the hairdryer treatment, not going into the dressing room after the game.
How do we know if he went in the dressing room ... ?

How do we know if he spoke to the players ... ?

How do we know what was said if he did speak to them ... ?

How do we know when he left for South Africa ... ?

This thread is entering Loony Land now and people are making things up in their heads ... :confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sucurity guards in the tunnel reported that SAF didn't go into the dressing room, and got on a flight to South Africa.

I'm not making things up, the sucurity guards might be making things up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts