Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MEN Ratings

6 Van der Sar: Keeping out the freezing cold was his biggest challenge of the afternoon

6 Neville: Nothing from the Saints to test a man of his experience

6 Evans: One first half scare when he was booked for hauling down McGoldrickafter he was turned but otherwise comfortable

7 Vidic: Not even the lunge from Paterson could upset the Serb's dominance

7 O'Shea: Easy afternoon defensively and proved a danger a few times in attack

7 Nani: Considering the opposition this might not scare new arrival Zoran Tosic but it was a better effort

6 Carrick: Should have scored a goal but plenty of chances to practise his passing

6 Anderson: The Brazilian probably did more on his mini break back home

6 Giggs: The veteran didn't really pull up any trees despite United's dominance

7 Welbeck: Poached his goal well and had one turn and shot brilliantly saved

8 Berbatov: The Bulgarian's passing was imperious and Reds should have added more to his assist column

Subs: Gibson (Giggs 55) Made up for a couple of missed chances 6, Possebon (sub Carrick 55) Quiet time 5 Rooney (sub Welbeck 62) Very lively cameo 6

This should be interesting

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
6 Van der Sar
6 Neville
6 Evans
7 Vidic
7,5 O'Shea
5,5 Nani /good job for the goal but he is so so so ....selfish/
6 Carrick
6,5 Anderson /Twice he was close to scoring his first goal/
6 Giggs
8 Welbeck /This boy really impressed me. I want to see him playing upfront with Berbatov and Rooney behind him/

8 Berbatov: Could have had 5-6 assists if we were more deadly in front of goal. Each pass was like he had pressed pause, got a protractor out, tested the pass a few times before continuing.... IMO he should try to shoot and dribble more often.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
More Nani slating, eh Jazz?
:rolleyes: How is that Nani slating?
Im giving him the SAME mark as a few other players.
So you think he was a 7 or and 8 out of 10? lmfao :D you are easily impressed Berba.
Lets see how the other members rate Nani ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't think many players deserve that high a mark. We played well but individually there weren't many stand-outs. We can certainly play better, but we were comfortable throughout the game and there was really no reason to get into 3rd or 4th gear today.

6 Van der Sar - Simply because he didn't have anything to do, except from cross catching and kicking pratice.

6 Neville - Wasn't really trouble
6 Evans - Could possibly be a 5.5 sounding a bit harsh, but he wasn't really troubled and made a few mistakes, getting himself into trouble once or twice.
6 Vidic - Again, not trouble. Passed the ball quite well.
7 O'Shea - Best player out of the back 5. Got forward a lot and got involved in the game.

6 Nani - decent performance.
7 Carrick - Passed well and got forward a lot.
6.5 Anderson - Decent game, but perhaps didn't stamp his authority on the game as much as he could have. Was played out of position for around an hour in his defence though.
6 Giggs - Again, didn't really stamp authority on the game.

8 Welbeck - My MOTM. Was very lively. Got the goal, and could have had another 1 or 2 but for great saves by the Southampton keeper.
7.5 Berbatov - Played well, but took to long on the ball at times for my liking.

6 Overall Team Performance

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
abojodeh said:
i didn't watch the full match
but based on what i saw i would rather play Wellbeck over Berba
I suggest you pay more attention to whatever part of the game you did see,then you will realise you have just made one of the most ridiculous statements ever,it comes close to the one in my signature...

·
Registered
21 Posts
manutd004 said:
I don't think many players deserve that high a mark. We played well but individually there weren't many stand-outs. We can certainly play better, but we were comfortable throughout the game and there was really no reason to get into 3rd or 4th gear today.

6 Van der Sar - Simply because he didn't have anything to do, except from cross catching and kicking pratice.

6 Evans - Could possibly be a 5.5 sounding a bit harsh, but he wasn't really troubled and made a few mistakes, getting himself into trouble once or twice.
7 O'Shea - Best player out of the back 5. Got forward a lot and got involved in the game.

6.5 Anderson - Decent game, but perhaps didn't stamp his authority on the game as much as he could have. Was played out of position for around an hour in his defence though.

8 Welbeck - My MOTM. Was very lively. Got the goal, and could have had another 1 or 2 but for great saves by the Southampton keeper.
7.5 Berbatov - Played well, but took to long on the ball at times for my liking.

100% agree

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
manutd004 said:

would agree with your ratings! thought welbeck was class today! type of striker we need aswell imo

·
Registered
15 Posts
6 Van der Sar: Didn't really have to to that much.

7 Neville: No mistakes, that deserves a high mark. XD

5 Evans: I may have been imagining it, but he made a couple of mistakes where he seemed to have lost his focus. Correct me if I'm wrong, I can never identify the players on the pitch unless the TV shows a closeup (so frustrating :()

6 Vidic: Solid work.

7 O'Shea: Good goal, okay at other times.

5 Nani: I really was disappointed with Nani in the match. I don't know if I am the only one, but I thought he lost the ball a fair few times and missed his targets in front of goal.

6 Carrick: He was okay I thought. Gave the team more attacking power, ne?

6 Anderson: Quiet today compared to other times when he does a lot of the attacking from midfield, but I still think he did pretty well.

6 Giggs: Thought he did an okay job.

8 Welbeck: Liked him. He's fast, can get down to defend and could have scored more than he did.

7 Berbatov: While I think he makes the absolute best passes in the team without a doubt, he should score. He missed some chances, and I still believe he can run more, not walk.

Overall team performance: 6

Subs: 6 Gibson: Only got a 6 because of the goal. I thought he wasnt very good. Missed some chances and lost the ball quite a few times.

5 Possebon Eh, just 5 because I didn't really see him do anything.

5 Rooney: Thought he did a good job. Don't really know what to give him. At 2am, I get a little sleepy. XD

·
Registered
78 Posts
abojodeh said:
i didn't watch the full match
but based on what i saw i would rather play Wellbeck over Berba

obviously you didnt watch the full match, i would guess what you saw was something completely different to everyone else, berbatov was easily man of the match, sublime passing and awareness, only blip was that he should have scored.

·
Registered
120 Posts
vds 6
neville 6
vidic 6,5
evans 5,5 some mistakes at the back
o'shea 6 a part form the header for welbeck's goal, he is very poor defensively for me and he is not fast enough to can substitute Evra
Giggs 5 not his day
anderson 5,5 wake up please
carrick 6 good job
nani 7 great display..even if in some moments he can do more
welbeck 7,5 goal+great skill
berba 7 for his passing ability..but for me a forward like him have to do other things..a good header for example, a dangerous shoot..I don't like him

possebon 5
gibson 6 for his goal but his shoot was poor
rooney 7 marvellous a part he lacks goal

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Van Der Sar-6
G Neville-6
Evans-6
Vidic-6
Oshea-6
Giggs-5.5
Carrick-6
Anderson-5.5
Nani-6.5
Welbeck -6.5
Berbatov-7

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
10 Van der Sar:

10 Neville:

10 Evans:

10 Vidic:

10 O'Shea:

10 Nani:

10 Carrick:

10 Anderson:

10 Giggs:

10 Welbeck:

10 Berbatov:

I'm becoming Martin O'Neill :eek: Nothing wrong with boosting player morale though. Great finish from Gibson I thought and Berba elegant like a feasant on the pitch. He reminds me of watching Roger Federer play tennis, so effortless!

Bring on Spurs!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
10 Van der Sar:

10 Neville:

10 Evans:

10 Vidic:

10 O'Shea:

10 Nani:

10 Carrick:

10 Anderson:

10 Giggs:

10 Welbeck:

10 Berbatov:

I'm becoming Martin O'Neill :eek: Nothing wrong with boosting player morale though. Great finish from Gibson I thought and Berba elegant like a feasant on the pitch. He reminds me of watching Roger Federer play tennis, so effortless!

Bring on Spurs!
:rolleyes: lmao

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
red dave said:
I like to give the team as a whole a score and I give them a

I really think we should have done better against a 10 man championship side. I wud give 8.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts