1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spain are in arguably the least interesting
of all the groups. Would expect Spain to go through
as they possibly have the best team on paper. Torres
leading the line supported by Fabregas and Xavi in midfield.
I feel Spain will blaze through and really impress everyone.
But it is in the knockout stages that they have to perform.
I dont want Spanish tears to flood the stadium again.

In Group D Spain and Sweden to Qulify for me.
Although I wouldn´t write off Russia,
simply because they have Guus Hiddink.

I'm gunning for Spain. Vey good team on
paper

torres
villa
silva
joaqin
vicient
iniesta
fabrigas
xavi

just wish they had some decent defenders alongside ramos and puyol...

still if cassillias is in form ..... wheee !

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
jerrakos said:
they look like they can go all the way
I'm supporting Spain too but realistically They ALWAYS look like they can go all the way.

Their only problem seems to be actually going all the way. :p

I have high hopes though. I think Iniesta wil be the driving force in he face of all the hype and pressure on Fabregas/Torres.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
dlan4327 said:
I'm supporting Spain too but realistically They ALWAYS look like they can go all the way.

I have high hopes though. I think Iniesta wil be the driving force in he face of all the hype and pressure on Fabregas/Torres.
Not totally true. They seem to have A LOT of great players this time around,
filling all the positions. I'd be very surprised if they didnt make it to the semi's.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Fair enough spain look a good team and that, but if you look at who they will have to play when they are out of there group...Italy,Holland,France or Romania.....seems pretty tough to me especially when FRANCE & ITALY knw what it takes...although both countrys captains seem to be out hehehe

So im still going for a Portugal V Holland Final!!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dlan4327 said:

Yes , they always do and always CAN. But miraculously they are facing a 44 yr trophy-less drought ! :eek:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Spain are class, they even have the luxury of having Fabregas on the bench....
Torres and Villa have to be the best attacking duo in European football,
possibly the World.....they are both amazing and have a great understanding,
as shown in Spain's first goal today.
I put a fiver on Spain and they are looking very good indeed.

Ramos....supposedly the best right back in the world is being ripped
apart and caught out of position far too much......(albeit in the first half hour)
xavi and Iniesta are 2 of the best midfielders in the World.....so so good.

Edit: Spain 2-0 Russia.
Iniesta is a God. WHAT A PASS and a great finish from that man Villa.
Absolutely awesome.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
futbol said:
Spain are in arguably the least interesting of all the groups.
I'm quite interested in this group because if England had held on to 2-2 against Croatia then this is the group we would have been in.

Spain - one of the favourites
Greece - the reigning European champions
Sweden - a team England haven't beaten in nearly 30 years

I think Russia's 4-1 drubbing against Spain shows the fate that would have awaited us in this group under McClaren :rolleyes:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Tension Mounts Between Aragonés And Torres?

Quotes from Spain manager Luis Aragonés and striker Fernando Torres suggest that all is not well in the 'Roja' camp. The forward refused to shake his manager's hand when leaving the pitch, and it may be an ongoing problem...

Luis Aragones dodged the issue slightly as he reflected on his decision to substitute Fernando Torres against Russia.

While the forward's anger was plain to see, Aragonés declined to comment on the situation, stating only that it will not be allowed to fester.

"Some things are left in the dressing room... but things will stay the way they are. We won't let it go badly," he said to Marca.

Offering a bit more, he said, "I understand and appreciate that a player gets angry when he's substituted up, as happened to me, but atmosphere here is special and those who play are as important as those who do not."

It could be that Luis is waiting for an apology, although he was quick to downplay the importance of the incident.

Torres' View

The player himself didn't seem too bothered by the whole situation as he spoke to Onda Madrid in Neustift.

"I haven't talked to Luis about anything, but he has something to tell me, tell me what. I suppose he'll tell me," shrugged Fernando.

"Nobody likes to be substituted, but in truth the team didn't notice the change. There were two more goals scored by us and there's nothing more to say. It was a technical decision and we accept it."

Time may help Torres accept it, for at the time he was demonstratably upset. Refusing Luis' handshake, he threw his tracksuit to the ground and sat among the substitutes, fuming.

His anger may be justified, some might say, by virtue of the fact that he was the first one taken off despite being involved in the two Spanish goals until that point in what overall a positive performance for 'El Niño'

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reddwarf said:
I'm quite interested in this group because if England had held on to 2-2 against Croatia then this is the group we would have been in.

Spain - one of the favourites - Yeah Thell win...
Greece - the reigning European champions..... You cant win the jackpot twice
Sweden - a team England haven't beaten in nearly 30 years Boring...except Zlatan

I think Russia's 4-1 drubbing against Spain shows the fate that would have awaited us in this group under McClaren :rolleyes:
..... Yeah read the above

1 - 12 of 12 Posts