Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sparky has £100m kitty - Signed Bridge and Parker?

MARK HUGHES will kick open the transfer window today armed with £100million.

Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour and chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak are giving full backing to manager Hughes despite a poor first half of the season.

Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz tops Hughes' wishlist.

Sparky said: “We have to make sure the players we want to bring in are good for us in terms of quality and their position in the squad. If we do, I'm very positive for the second half of the season.â€

Hughes is ready with a £15million bid to grab Paraguay hitman Santa Cruz, 27.

He also wants to be reunited with Craig Bellamy too and hopes £10m will prise him away from cash-strapped West Ham.

Boss Hughes is also looking to strengthen the defence.

He wants Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge, Arsenal centre-back Kolo Toure and Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

He will also test Newcastle's resolve with a £10m bid for Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given, 32.

Hughes wants this month's deals done as soon as possible.

He said: “We hope we can do business quickly because that will help us.

“It's not an exact science. You have to look at what's out there, what's attainable and the price clubs are asking for.

“If things are right for the team and the club, then you start to make things happen.â€

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2084437.ece

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i find it hard to believe how naieve or stupid the situation over there is....they will almost certainly stay up. so who in their right mind would p*** away the cash in january on average players who aren't much better than the ones they have. buy a couple yes, but you'd think they would save most of it until the summer and go world class like chelski did, but this is them lot we're talking about so what can we expect. let them p*** it up the wall on people like bellamy, bridge, parker etc.....shameless

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
It would represent good news to me, if they are so determined to spend 100million pounds on average players. I find it ridiculous.

Take that money and buy 3 world class players to build for the future. Instead, he's ging to get 5-6 mediocre and overpriced players.

Great work, Sparky!

Although I have to say that he is addressing the correct areas, when you read 10mil for Shay Given and Craig Bellamy you know someone has been playing too much Football Manager.

·
Registered
353 Posts
he aint gonna attract world class players because wot can he offer them next year ? cl football is wot the best want and sparky got no chance of that has he

·
Registered
605 Posts
wow

how ridiculous
there have been heavy specualtions about david villa and kaka

and what he wants is this??

i thought villa and kaka werent impossible as Milan are also in UEFA cup and kaka wouldnt worry about European football
and valencia are in financial probs

good job sparky.............he wants to ruin them

·
Registered
675 Posts
RED MAN WALKING said:
he aint gonna attract world class players because wot can he offer them next year ? cl football is wot the best want and sparky got no chance of that has he
exactly ! my best mate is a city fan, and he boasts about kaka and buffon and ronaldinho etc. and i say to him they wont join you until you start playing CL football which isnt gonna happen this season or next.

with 100 million quid and he's buying 5 - 6 premiership average players ? he's been given to much money. top class guy - poor mananger, should ov stayed at blackburn

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thats great news for sparky, means he is still in the job. But i hope he doesnt get carried away. I would love to see sparky do well, because we need a successor at untied and sparky is the closest we have.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
marty davidson said:
There are hardly going to bring any world class players could see them move for Toure and Bellamy and maybe Santa Cruz.
Yep agree with you there mate, santa cruz and or bellamy but i don't think wenger is going to let toure go there squad hasn't got too many older more experienced players and they'll wanna keep the ones they have :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scottsati said:
with all the middle east connections, how long before citteh plunge to a new low and are sponsered by the taleban?
Blunt joke :mad:

Even if Ciddeh is a laughingstock it was to go a bit too far.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Toure would be a great signing of course. He's a great defender. But that is very unrealistic and he won't be going to City. If he was to leave, which I don't think Arsenal will allow, he will go abroad imo.

However, if the ambition is to spend £100m on average players, then I don't think they'll be getting very far. :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Santa Cruz will be their only purchase IMO. No one really wants to leave mid season. Everyone is saying thgat Kaka, Buffon etc. won't join I also think that but just look at Robinho obviously he had fallen out with everyone at Madrid but some players are money-motivated and if you got offered 200k a week you may actually think about it. But In 15th place or wherever they are I can't see it happening,

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
city might have a 100 million kity but i wonder if sparky will be spending it ?
i have always said sparky is NOT a big club manager ,he lacks the bottle to go for wins and will always take the negative tactics when prizes are on offer.
he did this when he was wales manager ,when we needed a win from 2 home games and he put 1 man up front and we lost both games :confused: , sparky was a tremendous player and can do a decent job for a mid table team but no way will he ever be a big team manager ,he ain't got the bottle and never will.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts