Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to an accident, the orginal thread of mine was lost. So here we go again:

Many of you may recall that, when Sparky joined Man City, I said in here that he was a fool to leave the setup he had created at Blackburn to take on the dead ducks of Citeh.

Now, he has been given the dreaded vote of confidence by the clubs new owners.

I originally gave him until March, others stated January. In light of todays revelation in the Daily Mail that one of his players is gobbing off against him should only help to increase the already tense situation.

Elano, 27 year old Brazilian playmaker has publically dropped out of Hughe's team and says that Sparky rarely talks to him. Hughes was abroad in Abu Dhabi, yesterday.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Red Devil said:
Now, he has been given the dreaded vote of confidence by the clubs new owners.

Thats the key point-Dreaded lol. I just checkled the table and they are only 2
points off the relegation zone, which sounds frightening for them, considering
the amount of good players they have. If their results dont improve he will be
gone by the transfer window. Poor Sparky, although I enjoy watching Citeh struggle :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Sparky's days are numbered.

The vote of confidence is a precursor for an imminent sack and knowing Arab businessmen, they will see it as a matter of pride, not only for themselves, but their region, their country, their religion to make this venture a success.

It's unfortunate Hughes took over just before the take-over, but that's life. I wonder how he feels about Rovers being above City.

Their erratic performances are not necessarily his fault though, they already were on the decline under SGE towards the end of last season.

Wish he had more time to prove his credentials of maybe being a future Man Utd manager, but I don't think he'll last the season.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
it was always going to end in tears for any manager that took over.. Sven did nothing wrong and he got the chop... i love sparky but im hoping citeh dont do the right thing which would be stick by him,

They'll remain a nothing club despite spending stupid money.. another newcastle

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jazz 16 said:
.............. considering the amount of good players they have. If their results dont improve ..........
Potentially good, because they have proved absolutely nothing, yet. I do not think they are enjoying the discipline Sparky has brought into the club. Lets face it, Sven was so laid back he is horizontal.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Red Devil said:
Lets face it, Sven was so laid back he is horizontal.
Nice line RD. ;)

Anyway, I don't think Hughes has got too much time left. I understand why he left Blackburn in a way (more money to spend) but it was a silly decision other than that.

I like Sparky and think hes a potentially great manager who could be good enough to be Man Utd manager one day. But hopefully he gets the sack, because it'll be hilarious :D

He shouldn't, but I think he will. (I also heard a story that the Brazilians didn't like his management style, which could be part of it or could just be gossip.)

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I saw this coming miles ahead. I just dont see the style of play sparkie wants to play fit the style of players citeh has. you look at players like robinho, elano, petrov, those are players that like to move the ball around the park, sparkie imo is an old school type of manager in that he likes to defend and in a way grind out results. kind of like a chelsea in the mourinho days. Theres no doubt in my mind that hell be gone in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
migueldadon said:
I saw this coming miles ahead. I just dont see the style of play sparkie wants to play fit the style of players citeh has. you look at players like robinho, elano, petrov, those are players that like to move the ball around the park, sparkie imo is an old school type of manager in that he likes to defend and in a way grind out results. kind of like a chelsea in the mourinho days. Theres no doubt in my mind that hell be gone in a couple of weeks.

That's a very good poin, Miguel. I think there's a definite clash of
styles and ideas on the way to play football there.

Hughes is not losing by big margins like Sven did i.e. 6-0, 8-1, but
the general play doesn't look convincing and the players seem a bit
confused when they go into the lead.

Saw this happen twice where they were in the lead and looked
unconvincing trying to protect the lead rather than continue playing
football and attacking.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
it will be a good benchmark of how much the new owners really do know about football, sparky was always going to be in trouble when it was announced that there short term plan was top four then champions league final within a couple of years.....total nonsense. if they want to do things properly it is going to take them some time and they are going to have to be patient as hell.

hope things work out for sparky either way but it's still funny to watch the club lurching into a crisis almost as soon as the money men arrived. only the blues could kick a gift horse in the teeth

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I realy don't understand why Sparky even went to City after all. He was in charge of a team bigger than City, a team wich played in the european cups.
I realy don't know what are they doing in football. With such big investments in the club, there is no chance at least half of that huge sum will come back.They're realy making a game of theirs, they're destroying football and Sparky is just a simple mortal between these gods of money.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
manutd004 said:
Nice line RD. ;)

Anyway, I don't think Hughes has got too much time left. I understand why he left Blackburn in a way (more money to spend) but it was a silly decision other than that.

I like Sparky and think hes a potentially great manager who could be good enough to be Man Utd manager one day. But hopefully he gets the sack, because it'll be hilarious :D

He shouldn't, but I think he will. (I also heard a story that the Brazilians didn't like his management style, which could be part of it or could just be gossip.)
Thats in my original post

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
i think hughes is a grand manager,but he should have stayed where he was,blackburn loved him.but it was his choice to go to city,look how they treated sven..he'll get exactly the same,and i reckon that they'll keep getting rid of managers..

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Just what is wrong with Man City?

...Aside from living in the shadow of their city neighbours, having dilluded fans and failing to fill their stadium on a weekly basis.

I mean their squad has improved from last season, and I like to think that Mark Hughes is a better manager than Sven Goran Eriksson. They've bought in Robinho and SWP - adding that to Jo, Elano and co. I mean, that's a decent attack by City's standards, and a Uefa Cup-worthy team at least. The only thing I could pin-point is a lack of balance. They have a couple of in-experienced goal-keepers, then a less than reliable defence. Another theory is that the players can't take the pressure of being a so-called 'top' team. On any other season, this on might've been considered average (again, by City's very low standards), but this year, because of you know what, it's not good enough. I'd hate to see Hughes sacked after just two/three months in charge, but it's going that way.

Anyways, if they're destined to mid-table mediocrity for the rest of their days, who am I to dispute that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts