Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Just to mention Hamilton play a superb style of football. Great passing and very rarely a long ball. They arevery pleasing on the eye. Usually teams that come up just hoof it

·
8,772 Posts
Newly promoted Hamilton Academical won their opening game of their SPL campaign. They declared through their football that they aren't simply going to make up the numbers in the top flight.

Visitors Dundee United were hoping to rain on Hamilton's parade, with Accies returning to the highest tier after a 19-year exile.

Accies started well and after a flurry of goalmouth action Mark McLaughlin came close when his header was deflected just over.

Soon afterwards, though, McLaughlin was the villain at the other end when he headed Willo Flood's cross into his own net.

However, six minutes later New Douglas Park was rocking when Tony Stevenson's free kick found its way through a shambolic United wall.

Before half-time, Accies were in dreamland when the busy McLaughlin headed across the penalty area and James McArthur forced the ball into the net. On further viewings, though, it became clear that McArthur had used an arm.

After an hour, Accies had clear daylight. The hosts kept knocking at the Terrors' door and David Graham finally smacked the ball into the net to give his side a two-goal cushion.

United did assault the Accies goal inside the last 15 minutes as they sought to rescue something from a dire outing.

Hamilton goalkeeper Tomas Cerny, though, made a series of fine saves late on – one from a towering Lee Wilkie header and another from sub Francisco Sandaza.

Morgano Gomis and Warren Feeney also tried their luck, but were no match for the inspired 'keeper and Accies were able to claim a famous victory.

Stunned Arabs' boss Craig Levein told BBC Scotland after the game: “It was a reality check, we just didn't play.

“I couldn't believe what I was seeing - we got what we deserved.”

·
8,772 Posts
Portsmouth Bid For Hamilton Academical's James McCarthy Turned Down
The Accies have dismissed the offer for Scotland's Young Player of the Year as well below his valuation

Premier League club Portsmouth have failed in an attempt to sign highly-rated youngster James McCarthy from Hamilton Academical.

Accies chairman Ronnie McDonald has revealed that the Scottish Premier League club have spurned a bid for the midfielder as it does not come close to meeting their valuation of him.

Apparently, Pompey offered around £500,000 for the 18-year-old, who has already scored an impressive 15 goals in 94 first-team appearances.

"Portsmouth have made a written, formal offer for James but we have rejected it out of hand as it does not come close to our valuation of the player," McDonald told the Daily Record.

"James has two years left on his contract and has repeatedly said he is happy here.

"He and the rest of our talented young players know we will not stand in their way when an offer comes in that is right for them and for the club.

"There have been a lot of verbal enquiries and offers for James but Portsmouth is the first written offer."

Portsmouth are believed to have sent scouts to run the rule over the recently crowned Scottish Young Player of the Year and were extremely impressed after watching him score twice.

He is a great player and i cant wait until he lines out for Ireland

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.