Manchester United Talk banner
181 - 200 of 245 Posts
:red:

I was at the Dundee Utd v Aberdeen game on thursday night. Pretty good game, finished 1-1.
The atmosphere made by the away aberdeen fans was awsome, makes me want to go to a man utd away game even more :D
New firm>Old firm.

I think I'm mostly an ABC(anyone but Celtic) when it comes to Scottish football. Though I've never heard that phrase used before, so let it be known on this forum:

I, Mike Piazza of the USA am the first ABC.

RESULTS FOR 7 MAY;

Dundee Utd 1-1 Aberdeen

Hearts 0-1 Hibernian

RESULTS FOR 9 MAY;

Kilmarnock 1-1 Falkirk

Rangers 1-0 Celtic

St Mirren 1-3 Motherwell

RESULT FOR 10 MAY;

Inverness CT 1-1 Hamilton

TABLE;

P PTS
1 Rangers 35 79
2 Celtic 35 77
-------------------------------------
3 Hearts 35 54
4 Dundee Utd 35 53
5 Aberdeen 35 49
6 Hibernian 35 45

7 Motherwell 35 44
8 Hamilton 35 38
9 Inverness CT 35 36
10 Kilmarnock 35 35
11 St Mirren 35 34
12 Falkirk 35 32

There was the Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies this round, with the bragging rights going to Hibs and Rangers.

So, after this round of fixtures the pendulum swings in Rangers' favour. Celtic now need Rangers to slip up. However, I still see a twist or two yet, and with Hibs still needing to play both the Old Firm at Easter Road they could have a big say in the Title Race. It could well go down to the last day, where Celtic have the easier fixture. Goal difference is also extremely close, with Celtic only being one goal better off.

3rd place looked to belong to Hearts, but now Dundee Utd have closed the gap and could gain the spot. Whatever the case though, it looks like they will get the two Europa League places unless there is a big effort from Aberdeen and a monumental effort from Hibs. However, if Scotland remain in the Top 3 of the Fair Play League 5th place will become a Europa League place as well so Hibs or Aberdeen will get into Europe.

As for the relegation battle, Falkirk have closed the gap and it only looks to be between 4 teams.

RESULTS FOR 12 MAY;

Aberdeen 0-0 Hearts

Celtic 2-1 Dundee Utd

RESULTS FOR 13 MAY;

Hamilton 0-1 Falkirk

Hibernian 1-1 Rangers

Kilmarnock 2-1 St Mirren

Motherwell 2-2 Inverness C

TABLE;

P GD PTS
1 Celtic 36 80 (Goal Difference: 47)
2 Rangers 35 80 (Goal Difference: 45)
-----------------------------------
3 Hearts 36 55
4 Dundee Utd 36 53
5 Aberdeen 36 50
6 Hibernian 36 46

7 Motherwell 36 45
8 Kilmarnock 36 38 (Goal Difference: -12)
9 Hamilton 36 38 (Goal Difference: -21)
10 Inverness CT 36 37
11 Falkirk 36 35*
12 St Mirren 36 34

*Already have a Europa League place due to being in the Scottish Cup Final

So, after this round of fixtures the pendulum swings back to Celtic. Hibs' battling 1-1 draw against Rangers coupled with Celtic's victory over Dundee Utd means that it's all level at the top but Celtic with two goals better off.

There isn't much change in the European places or mid-table, with Hearts increasing their lead over Dundee Utd by one point to 2 points.

However, there is a big change at the bottom with the results meaning that Falkirk have pulled out of the relegation zone, with St Mirren dropping in. There are still 3 teams involved though.

There will be more twists and turns yet though.

Pretty pissed off with the Aberdeen score last night.
Really needed to win, 4th place is looking less and less likely now.

Just hope Scotland does get that Fair Play award.
Well, I'm really not sure what's happening about that now. The inital article I read said it went to the 5th place team, but an article I read yesterday said that it would go to the SPL team with the best disciplinary record, which is Motherwell. :confused:

Man City got the place in the Fair Play League in England, so it looks like it'll go to Motherwell. :cool:

(Original post deleted and, re-posting so that the following posts will be linked)

RESULTS FOR 16 MAY;

Falkirk 0-2 St Mirren

Hamilton 0-3 Motherwell

Hearts 3-0 Dundee Utd

Kilmarnock 1-0 Inverness CT

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen

RESULTS FOR 17 MAY;

Hibernian 0 - 0 Celtic

TABLE;

P PTS
1 Rangers 37 83
2 Celtic 37 47 81
--------------------------------------
3 Hearts 37 58
4 Dundee Utd 37 53
5 Aberdeen 37 50
6 Hibernian 37 47

7 Motherwell 37 48
8 Kilmarnock 37 41
9 Hamilton 37 38
10 St Mirren 37 37 (Goal Difference: -18)
11 Inverness CT 37 37 (Goal Difference: -20)
12 Falkirk 37 35

So, after this round of fixtures the pendulum moves again, swinging back to Rangers. Their 2-1 victory over Aberdeen, coupled with Hibs holding Celtic to a draw after doing the same against Celtic means that Rangers need to drop points for Celtic to have the chance to win the League. It will make for a fantastic final day though.

As for the battle for Europe Hearts, after going through a blip after seemingly already having the place in the bag, finally secured 3rd place by beating Dundee Utd. 4th place will also go down to the last game, with Dundee Utd 3 points clear of Aberdeen with both having the same goal difference.

Falkirk's defeat to St Mirren also send them back to the bottom, with 3 teams in with a chance of getting relegated (though the chance of St Mirren getting relegated is really quite slim.)

181 - 200 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.