Manchester United Talk banner
201 - 220 of 245 Posts
So, the season finishes next weekend with still plenty of issues to be resolved. The bottom 6 split finishes on Saturday, with the following fixtures (all games kick-off at 12.30);

Inverness CT v Falkirk - TELEVISED ON SETANTA
Motherwell v Kilmarnock
St Mirren v Hamilton - TELEVISED ON SETANTA

The biggest game by far is the game at the Caledonian Stadium between Inverness and Falkirk. Falkirk MUST win to stay up which will send Inverness down. Anything less will be relegation for Falkirk, who of course have the Scottish Cup Final to look forward to. St Mirren's chances of being relegated are very slim. For this to happen, Falkirk would need to beat Inverness and Hamilton would need to win by 2 goals or more than what Falkirk beat Inverness by.

The top 6 split finishes on Sunday, with the following fixtures (all kicking off at 1pm.

Aberdeen v Hibernian
Celtic v Hearts - TELEVISED ON SETANTA
Dundee Utd v Rangers - TELEVISED ON SETANTA

These are all big games. Celtic need a combination of Rangers slipping up and a victory against Hearts. Working on a Celtic victory here, a Rangers draw would mean Celtic win on GD, and a defeat would mean Celtic win by one point. However, if Celtic slip up then the title belongs to Rangers.

Dundee Utd are not secure in the final League European spot yet, but if they pick up anything against Rangers then they will finish 4th. Aberdeen need a combination of a Rangers victory and a victory against Hibs to have any chance of finish 4th.

Whatever happens though, it will be a hugely tense two days.

Lafferty the dirty scummer.
Tell me about it :thumbsdownsmileyani

He's been fined and he has apologised. But that isn't good enough, as he shouldn't have done it in the first place. He now has the cheek to say "I'm going to be labelled a cheat for the rest of my career" :confused: The SFA are also going to look into it, and he could be hit hard.

He'll get a hard time about it as well I would imagine. When Salius Mikoluinas dived against Scotland, he was hounded at nearly every stadium he went to and I can see exactly the same thing happeneing to Lafferty.

God I'v just realised its a bit of a lose lose situation for Aberdeen.

If Aberdeen get Europe that means Rangers will have won the league :thumbsdownsmileyani
Although, i would rather that than Rangers still winning the league and Aberdeen not getting 4th!

END OF LEAGUE SEASON

BOTTOM SIX RESULTS;

Inverness CT 0-1 Falkirk (Inverness are relegated)

Motherwell 1-2 Kilmarnock

St Mirren 0-1 Hamilton

TOP SIX RESULTS;

Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hibernian

Celtic 0 - 0 Hearts

Dundee Utd 0 - 3 Rangers

TABLE;

P PTS
C Rangers 37 86
CLQ Celtic 37 82
------------------------------------
EL Hearts 37 58
EL Aberdeen 37 1 53

5 Dundee Utd 37 -3 53
6 Hibernian 37 47

7 Motherwell 38 48
8 Kilmarnock 38 44
9 Hamilton 38 41
EL 10 Falkirk 38 38
11 St Mirren 38 -19 37
R 12 Inverness CT 38 -21 37

So, after a long season Rangers end Celtic's dominance and become champions by 4 points, scoring less but also conceding less.

Hearts have had the European place wrapped up for a long time now, but Dundee Utd's heavy defeat means that their season ends on a very sour note as they drop out of the Europa League positions, with Aberdeen claiming that place.

Falkirk end their League season on a high, with a tense, deserved victory over Inverness who go down into the First Division. St Johnstone are the team who will take their place in the SPL next season.

Discussion starter · #219 ·
haha you Solsk>Pizza today!! ;)

Celtic blew it big time.
They did. They were miles ahead at one point and then just started playing shit.

Aberdeen Manager Jimmy Calderwood has left the club along with assistants Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark.
That's strange :confused: Why did they leave? 4th and Europe is a great season for the Deen. Are you happy with the season/Europe? and what you make of JC leaving?

That's strange :confused: Why did they leave? 4th and Europe is a great season for the Deen.
My guess would be that they've felt that they've taken the club as far as they can. They've been there for 5 years, and despite the fact I'm not a big fan of them as a manager/coaches, they've done a good job at Aberdeen.

Another thing on their mind might be that there has been a section of the Aberdeen crowd who has given him some abuse in the last year or two and maybe he's decided he's had enough.

I don't think he(they'll) be the only managerial changes this summer though.

201 - 220 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.