Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Seeing as how I'm footing the bill for AIG, I'd like my name to be worn on the front of the kits from here on in. Thanks a bunch. :p

Z

·
0 Posts
Yes Daniel, I have. I worked at a pizza shop for 8 hours, and I had to pay taxes. For what reason, I'll never know.
8 hours in total? Or 8 hour shifts? If it's the former I'm sure you'd be due a rebate, but I wouldn't imagine it would be worth the effort of claiming. Just thought I'd share that with you.

·
Registered
553 Posts
"If you look past that - admittedly that's a big ask - the basic insurance operations of AIG remain rock solid."

I lol'd.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
8 hours in total? Or 8 hour shifts? If it's the former I'm sure you'd be due a rebate, but I wouldn't imagine it would be worth the effort of claiming. Just thought I'd share that with you.
The former, I didn't claim like you said, there was no point. Nothing quite like getting a job in a place you'd love to work, within walking distance, going to work twice and then having it burn down, and then be bought by a shitty diner run by a family that won't hire non-Greeks.

Life>Me.

S

·
0 Posts
Back on topic.

Good, i hope AIG go bust. Couldn't happen to a nicer company in my opinion.
Liars, crooks, thieves and corrupt. Karma.
:thumbsup:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Back on topic.

Good, i hope AIG go bust. Couldn't happen to a nicer company in my opinion.
Liars, crooks, thieves and corrupt. Karma.
:thumbsup:
What about all the people on the ground floor? Why should they be at the mercy of their higher-ups?

S

·
0 Posts
What about all the people on the ground floor? Why should they be at the mercy of their higher-ups?
Sorry but it's been widely known for years what AIG are/have been involved in yet they still chose
to work there. Maybe they should think twice before jumping into bed with such a corrupt company.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Sorry but it's been widely known for years what AIG are/have been involved in yet they still chose
to work there. Maybe they should think twice before jumping into bed with such a corrupt company.
Because everyone on the ground floor, and up to the intermediate levels had more than one option right? Most people don't choose where they work.

S

·
0 Posts
Because everyone on the ground floor, and up to the intermediate levels had more than one option right? Most people don't choose where they work.
:confused: EVERYBODY has the choice who they work for.
No-one forced them to work for AIG.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
:confused: EVERYBODY has the choice who they work for.
No-one forced them to work for AIG.
How many of those people got offers from more than AIG. Everybody doesn't get to choose where they work, unless you consider working for "Company X" or unemployment a choice.

S

·
0 Posts
How many of those people got offers from more than AIG. Everybody doesn't get to choose where they work, unless you consider working for "Company X" or unemployment a choice.
So AIG was the only company that would employ them ?
OK, i'll go with that.
Then they still CHOSE to go and work for a corrupt company.
Corrupt company ( involved in so much illegal stuff) or unemployment ?
Unemployment every time.

My opinion only.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
So AIG was the only company that would employ them ?
OK, i'll go with that.
Then they still CHOSE to go and work for a corrupt company.
Corrupt company ( involved in so much illegal stuff) or unemployment ?
Unemployment every time.

My opinion only.
Then they CHOSE to do the only thing they could to feed their family. Which is what I'd do. But that's me.

S

·
0 Posts
Then they CHOSE to do the only thing they could to feed their family. Which is what I'd do. But that's me.
Are you talking the tea boy or intermediate jobs here.
Maybe the situation in the USA is lots different from the UK, but here a tea boy type job can be found anywhere in a matter of hours.

Intermediate jobs found within a day or two at the most depending on your qualifications and the type of job you are willing to accept.

Unemployed over here can easily feed their family, quite often better off than low paid workers.

I've not seen any reports of the millions of unemployed in the USA starving either.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Are you talking the tea boy or intermediate jobs here.
Maybe the situation in the USA is lots different from the UK, but here a tea boy type job can be found anywhere in a matter of hours.

Intermediate jobs found within a day or two at the most depending on your qualifications and the type of job you are willing to accept.

Unemployed over here can easily feed their family, quite often better off than low paid workers.

I've not seen any reports of the millions of unemployed in the USA starving either.
I'm not sure what "tea boy" is, and i think you and I might have different interpretations of "intermediate"

What I'm saying is, especially nowadays how many jobs will you be offered that will allow you enough money to feed your family? The job climate is pants.

I'll only go on what I know about the unemployment checks and how there handed out here.

A friend of mine in California worked at Borders books, as well as going to school full-time. After Borders went under, he applied for unemployment. "Why not, I've been putting money into it for years now?" What response did he get back?

In layman's terms:

"No. You're going to school. Too bad."

If you can't collect unemployment, because you're going to college, to make and design alternative energy sources that will improve the Earth, then how hard is it? :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, different situations between USA and UK probably.

My lad goes to college, gets £30 a week for doings so, has two part time jobs as well but when he leaves college
and does not find a job he can claim unemployment benefit. If he goes on to Uni he cannot claim unemployment.

There's no way though that in either his part time jobs or his job after Uni that he would accept employment from a company that is well known for being corrupt and involved in illegal dealings like AIG.

Tea-boy is probably your coffee runner or goffa (sp), intermediate i mean as in the middle from tea boy - exec.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this mate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts