Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt many will be watching these with Chelsea and Liverpool both playing at the same time, but I'm sure sporting4ever will be along at some point to give us a match report for his game against Bayern.

I hope they beat them but I think it's unlikely to be honest, Bayern have much better players and Sporting just don't have the financial muscle to compete in the Champions League.

I expect Villareal will beat Panathanaikos comfortably in the other game.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
bayern are coming good after a shaky start to the season and could be the dark horses this year .

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bloody hell 5-0, Sporting4ever won't be a happy camper.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I expected Bayern to win, but not by that much. :blink: 5-0 in Portugal is a fantastic result.

Bayern now have the luxury to play a fully changed side now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys
am new on here bt i am a life long united fan and my favourite player is ryan giggs.
bt i am new 2 these things so cn sum1 plz introduce me 2 wot goes on. thnx guys

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I just watched the highlight, ribery was immense in that!

He scored twice, one a quality finish after running with the ball from the half way line and the second a very accurate penalty.

He ALSO set up luca toni twice for his goals and the first header by luca toni was brilliant!

Pz!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
:poster_oops:
Poor poor Sporting. He will be crying now no doubt.

Didnt see this thread earlier.
Amazing win for Munich. Thats them in the quarters. They could field a youth team and still go through.
Great goal from the Pana striker. wow. decent result from them. They are looking like the dark horses.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Nope, definetly not. The draw wasn't that bad, and their current form might have allowed us to dream about a qualification, but it was always gonna be though. This week, we've played Benfica at home (3-2 win), now bayern, and next saturday we go to Porto, so not an easy week by any means. I have to say, if I could win only one of the games (bayern or porto), I'd definetly rather beat porto, because we're not a contender for the champions, and will likely not be for a few more years.

Anyways, about the game, starting 11 pissed me off right away, since romagnoli hasn't played for ages, hasn't been in form in ages, and he benched our central defender with the better form at this time. Add to that, a stupid pass to allow for their 1st goal, when they pretty much hadn't done anything.
2nd half, we could have scored twice, and again, they attack once and score, with luca toni offside (germans vs portuguese, pretty clear who's gonna get the decisions their way...). After that, a stupid penalty given, and then they were pretty much lost out there.

:poster_oops:
Poor poor Sporting. He will be crying now no doubt.

Didnt see this thread earlier.
Amazing win for Munich. Thats them in the quarters. They could field a youth team and still go through.
Great goal from the Pana striker. wow. decent result from them. They are looking like the dark horses.

I don't cry about football losses. 18 years of desert crossing, we have got pretty thick hides. What pisses me off is the way we loose. Stupid mistakes, a bad squad selected, not nearly offensive enough, against a bayern that's clearly a poor defending team. Really annoying when you KNOW that you've lost the game, not that the other side won. We controled the 1st half, had more chances, had more possession, but conceded a stupid goal. 2nd half, we were in control, we had more possession, but conceded an offside goal, then handed over the win with that stupid penalty. When you hand over the game like that, you don't deserve to win it.

As for a youth team, let them try it. They're performing terribly in the league, and they knew this was a much more important game to them than to us. I want the championship, a lot more than to be knocked out by an United or Real or Barcelona in the quarter-finals. As for them fielding benchers and 2nd players, bring it. I have little doubt that one mixed 1st/2nd team Sporting side will beat a 2nd team bayern.

IF we don't once again shoot our fcking foot.

·
Registered
773 Posts
what a match from Bayern....yeah, i agreed with the commentator that Bayern rely too much on Ribery...Looked at Pires, he still can perform at the highest level at his age...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts