Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spurs public pursuit of kenwyne jones is yet more proof of their double standards regarding transfers. All the whinging Levy & co. did while SAF was trying to sign berba had the media feeling sorry for them yet they go and do the exact same thing twice over. (also see bentley, pav, and now hunt who wigan were signing to replace palacios) Levy is a total clown.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
its part of the game now , we just have to accept it as part of the game as much as we frown on it .
it would be foolish to think that all clubs play fair when it comes to recruitment.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Funny Spurs dirty transfer tactics sounds like double standards to me !!!

Spurs the club who were going to report us for approaching Berbatov have been very naughty as of late.

They seem to going to the media with all there transfer dealings first it was Downing and Boro complaining now its Sunderland who have told Spurs to leave Kenwyne Jones alone.

But no its in the press again Spurs after K Jones .

This smells like double standards to me.

What do we think of the current trend of approaching players behind clubs backs and using the media to unsettle players ?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
reddwarf said:
Well now they have ol' 'Arry "Mr Wheeler Dealer" Redknapp at the helm I can't say I'm surprised!!!

Yeah I was watching his press confrence the other day he was fired with questions about Spurs tapping up players.

He of course said he had nothing to do with any of the transfer dealings .

He would say that though Spurs are playing naughty games lol!!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Talk to me .......it goes on all over, we've had double standards with poaching Berba like Madrid with Ronnie,we all do it its just some are better than others......like us :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It just seems to be part and parcel of the game unfortunately.

On a side-note, I also hate Harry Redknapp personally.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Seems there using the media to unsettle Robbie Keane now I didnt think they would buy him back but now it looks like they are going to make a bad.

Couldnt they just pay back what they have paid and leave what the owe the club and thats a end to the situation.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
red dave said:
Seems there using the media to unsettle Robbie Keane now I didnt think they would buy him back but now it looks like they are going to make a bad.

Couldnt they just pay back what they have paid and leave what the owe the club and thats a end to the situation.
of course not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! harrys involved -so somewhere along the line there has to be a paper bag stuffed full of cash secretly swapped at some motorway services involved.

tbh redknapp is a great manager but the way he does things never seems straightforward

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
scottsati said:
of course not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! harrys involved -so somewhere along the line there has to be a paper bag stuffed full of cash secretly swapped at some motorway services involved.

tbh redknapp is a great manager but the way he does things never seems straightforward

Yeah but he usually deals in the African and European players so we miss out on alot of his dodgy stuff .

But Spurs are dealing mainly in English based players so we are seeing his bad side and it isnt pleasent.

He claims in press confrences he has nothing to do with the transfers but then he makes a comment that he really really rates a player to the press which in turn makes a player ask his club for a transfer.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the guy has been one of the best english managers of the past couple of decades and its a pity he didnt get a chance at a big club before so we could see what he's really made of.....but on a personal note the guy seems totally dodgy and agree the double standards are amazing where he and spurs are concerned.........i would so love to see spurs relegated......how many times have they just been on the verge of doing something big...... evry f***** season!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts