Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a smaller squad than last season and we dont have many options either 3 strikers who would not score 42 goals between them. Everyone knows we need a striker Fergie should just go out and sign some 1 before Monday. There are players that are not good enough to be in the United squad.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
marty davidson said:
we have a smaller squad than last season and we dont have many options either 3 strikers who would not score 42 goals between them. Everyone knows we need a striker Fergie should just go out and sign some 1 before Monday. There are players that are not good enough to be in the United squad.
Give us the name of the players not good enough. From reading other posting I think I know at least two names but I'll give you a change to give your view.:)

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
fletcher always show up something like in the first two game
about o shea ???? cant really say

i dont think SAF will bring someone to OT now

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
marty davidson said:
Fletcher and O' Shea would struggle get into any other team in the league
Maybe its just me but I had hope for some arguments you had thought through when starting a new thread about this. But you're entitled to have your opinion and I wont argue anymore in this thread.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would say Flecther would start in nearly every other team bar the top 4.
Might be a few exceptions like Spurs but other than that i'd say he'd be in them all!
O'Shea might not be up to that level but sometimes he does a good job for us.
Last season O'Shea made 28 appearances and the season before that he made 32 plus scored 4 goals.
We've won a lot in those two years and a player has to have something to offer if he made 50 appearances in those two seasons.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
We need the O'Shea an Fletcher.............
Lets be honest we cant keep 15 to 20 top players happy.
Fletch and O'Shea are needed IMO

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Our stikers wont score 42 between them ? I disagree there, Tevez and Rooney can achieve this easily between them this season.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
marty davidson said:

Players out: Pique, Silvestre, Saha, Dong + few youngesters loaned out(not first team)

Players in: Rafael Da Silva, Fabio Da Silva, Rodrigo Possebon(promoted to the first team), Frazer Campbell(returned from loan), Jonny Evans(returned from loan), Manucho Gonclaves

I believe we have a better squad than last season when we won the double. Players like O'shea and Fletcher may not be good enough to hold on to a first team spot, but they play an important part in our team. All we need is one quality striker and our squad will be complete. Even if we don't that striker, we can still cope. So lets have some faith on Fergie, the man is a genius.

·
Registered
934 Posts
as rdjeff said
we only lost
pique - not major part of last years campaign
silvestre - injured most of season

our team is pretty much the same
just added some youngsters
and hopefully...
berbatov :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
We need that quality striker to be honest. It will make a huge difference to our season and also to the period we still must endure without Ronaldo. As much as I defended our corner against those who called us a one man team last year, no one can say he has not been sorely missed at the start of this season.
We have struggled to score goals and create chances and our team hasnt carried the fear factor that it did before. A big thing we have missed is his aerial threat.
Time and again quality balls are delivered into the box, but Rooney and Tevez just arent the men to get on the end of them. This is why we need the striker and why we will also flourish when Ronaldo returns. Without a striker, the next month will be damage limitation.

I believe our squad isnt as strong as last year, relative to our competition. Last year we won the double, basically with this team, but while we havent added anything of substance to it, Chelsea have DOUBLED the strength of their squad with new signings and players returning from injury. Man for man, their squad is twice that of ours, although with their funds that is unsurprising.
While we have players like Possebon, Fletcher and O'shea (for example) to step into our midfield, they have Ballack, Essien, Mikel, Deco, Lampard...
I have faith, but their strength in depth concerns me...

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
abcdef said:
I believe our squad isnt as strong as last year, relative to our competition. Last year we won the double, basically with this team, but while we havent added anything of substance to it, Chelsea have DOUBLED the strength of their squad with new signings and players returning from injury. Man for man, their squad is twice that of ours, although with their funds that is unsurprising.
While we have players like Possebon, Fletcher and O'shea (for example) to step into our midfield, they have Ballack, Essien, Mikel, Deco, Lampard...
I have faith, but their strength in depth concerns me...
I agree that we do need a striker. But you have to remember that buying players is not the only way a squad can improve. Look at Tevez, S.A.F has said that his fitness is light years ahead of that of last season and it is plain to see. Both Andreson and Nani will be more mature and is more accustomed to the english game. Rooney still hasn't realized his world class potential. Ronaldo can still improve as a player. He may not score the same amount of goals, but there are other areas on his game where he can improve.

Chelski on the other hand have players who have hit their peak and there is not much room for improvement. Yes they have added Deco, Bosingwa and possibly Robinho. There is no denying they will be a major threat and a serious contender in all the competitions. But having a bench full of superstars does have its cons. All of them have big egos and Scolari will have a tough time keeping them happy.

Chelski are the only team in world football capable of buying whoever they want. We can't compare/compete with them on purchasing power. They can easily afford GBP 32 million flops like Shevchenko, hence they spend lavishly every summer. We on the other hand have to be careful about our buys. In terms of quality, the gap between chelsea and us still is the same as last season. While they bought some good players, we have players who can raise their level.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Ill give Dazza his due,he does try very hard,but sometimes trying in his way just isnt up to standard...as for O'Shea,i think alot of people have a soft spot due to 'that' goal he scored ,but again im bemused as to why he's there!! Our squad is somewhat depleated (sp) at the mo but id rather it hit us now than March/April time when the doodie hits the fan!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts