Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watch the Liverpool 'v' Feyenoord game last week.

I see Gerrard punch the player in the side of the face.

I wait now for 1 week and nothing happens !!!

Last year Rooney is suspended for 3 games at the start of the season
for something he done in a pre-season friendly.

Gerrard punches someone and this is OK ?

Why ?

Maybe St Gerrard (the lord of the dive, the king of thuggery and the prince of
thieves) should be punished but he is England captain so FA thinks its ok ???

This is very weird.....
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
The referee booked Gerrard during the game. Once the referee has dealt with the situation it is very rare that the governing bodies get involved because it undermines referees if they overturn or change the decision.

However, I thought Gerrard should have been sent off and subsequently banned for 3 games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,853 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I watch the Liverpool 'v' Feyenoord game last week.

I see Gerrard punch the player in the side of the face.

I wait now for 1 week and nothing happens !!!

Last year Rooney is suspended for 3 games at the start of the season
for something he done in a pre-season friendly.

Gerrard punches someone and this is OK ?

Why ?

Maybe St Gerrard (the lord of the dive, the king of thuggery and the prince of
thieves) should be punished but he is England captain so FA thinks its ok ???

This is very weird.....
Rooney played our 1st game of the season though :confused:

I do remember him being sent off though

But yes, Gerrard should get in trouble for this.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
Rooney played our 1st game of the season though :confused:

I do remember him being sent off though

But yes, Gerrard should get in trouble for this.
It was a delayed suspension...possibly because he appealed against the decision. I remember him threatening to pull out of all England merchandising & marketing campaigns if the FA refused to reverse the decision.

He missed the next 3 games because of that red card though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SolskjaertheLegend said:
Rooney played our 1st game of the season though :confused:

I do remember him being sent off though

But yes, Gerrard should get in trouble for this.
But he gets away with it - again - I talk to Liverpool fans and they say its all blown up out of the proportion !!!! So Rooney can punch Petr Cech to the ground and score - its OK to do this it seems !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,853 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
But he gets away with it - again - I talk to Liverpool fans and they say its all blown up out of the proportion !!!! So Rooney can punch Petr Cech to the ground and score - its OK to do this it seems !!!
no cause Cech seems to get extra protection nowadays for what happened to him

:rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reddwarf said:
The referee booked Gerrard during the game. Once the referee has dealt with the situation it is very rare that the governing bodies get involved because it undermines referees if they overturn or change the decision.

However, I thought Gerrard should have been sent off and subsequently banned for 3 games.
The referee book him yes......but do all refs make the RIGHT decisions ?

No they dont...!!

And if FIFA have the same outlook on this that you have then nothing will ever change !!

Yes he booked him but FIFA should walk in and say "We have looked closely at video footage and we think this needs to be punished some more".......this way the ref is let off his hook because they use video footage to check it out which he cannot do .....

I just think young boys seeing THE ENGLAND CAPTAIN behave like this is a bad, bad example - but if everyone is happy for youngsters to grow up behaving like this - then thats up to them - I certainly feel this is bad !!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am very nice girl and can tolerate many bad things from people and I dont have enemies or dislike anyone except..............Steven bloody Gerrard !!!

I dont know why I just feel distressed and mad when I see or hear him.....if I meet this one I will tell him too - he's annoying little sod !!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top