Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahritey, just thought you mite appreciate a wee sneaky look at what old trafford with 90000 fans mite look like, these are nothing official by no means, i think somebody just made them up in their spare time but they look pretty impressive non the less

View attachment 96
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if ye want a lookie at all of them go to skyscrapercity.com, scroll down to the european forums bit, look at the uk and ireland forums bit, click on the cultural and sporting venues bit, then scroll down to old trafford expansion, you get the idea. i could nae post a link cos the laptop ere is pish and bein an arse

View attachment 99
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
if ye want a lookie at all of them go to skyscrapercity.com, scroll down to the european forums bit, look at the uk and ireland forums bit, click on the cultural and sporting venues bit, then scroll down to old trafford expansion, you get the idea. i could nae post a link cos the laptop ere is pish and bein an arse
View attachment 99

too much scrolling...........:rolleyes:


and no scottish on here please..........;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
ahritey, just thought you mite appreciate a wee sneaky look at what old trafford with 90000 fans mite look like, these are nothing official by no means, i think somebody just made them up in their spare time but they look pretty impressive non the less

View attachment 96
I love the big desert behind the stadium - it will take a long time and many boats full sand sailing up the Manchester ship Canal to make this......:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,167 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Nice idea.....

but I don't think it's possible....we can't get planning permission or something or other..........
Talking about planning permission i'm involved in giving planning permission, its my career. I can't imagine why OT shouldn't get it, we've extended before (sucessfully) and that should only happen again if we extended further i think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Talking about planning permission i'm involved in giving planning permission, its my career. I can't imagine why OT shouldn't get it, we've extended before (sucessfully) and that should only happen again if we extended further i think.

lol.....

I think we've pushed it right to the limit mate............I'm pretty sure anyway......

but find out for sure by all means yourself.....i think i'm right though........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
Man Utd boss Ferguson pushes for stadium expansion
tribalfootball.com - May 25, 2008

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has warned chief executive David Gill he won't stop his nagging about expanding Old Trafford.

"I would hate to think that Real Madrid could ride roughshod over us with a player all the time," he said. "There is this movie called You've Got Mail which is about a shop on the corner being engulfed by a supermarket. We don't want to be one of those small shops.

"The club have done brilliantly commercially. The only thing I can do is to produce a winning team. David Gill and his team have the expertise in other areas and they have got some clever people in now.

"The only thing that matters to me is that black type - the winner's name. We want to be playing in European Cup finals.

"But I'm on to David all the time about expanding the stadium. I know what we could do with the main stand at both ends; we could build a structure up and across. We could do one corner at least and maybe get another 6,500 seats to take the total capacity to 83,000.

"We could fill it. In fact, I think we could get 100,000 in, but it's not feasible architecturally to get the stadium to that size. But we could build that structure and it would at least make the inside of the stadium symmetrical - and it would make us bigger than anyone could get close to, certainly in England."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94594

Do you think it needs expanding?

EDIT: Can someone please move this thread. I was gonna write something else. Sorry guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,273 Posts
76000 is a nice size, the fans are able to pack it week in week out.
increase another 6500 sounds reasonable, but 100000 may be too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,427 Posts
100,000 would be nice so there would be more price ranges avaliable and more people could afford to come to OT week in and week out and it would attract more people because there won't be that fear of not getting a ticket and filling in 80,000 out of 100,000 week in week out in normal games isnt a bad attendance when compared to the rest of the EPL! I think more people would travel to OT because they have a real good possibility of getting a seat...83,000 I think should be a must and it would surpass Real Madrid's stadium for sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
i think another expansion of the stadium could mean to be the last...around...6.500 or a maxim 10000 more could do..but 100.000 a thing wich would definetely be something extraordinary...the structure of Old Trafford can't hold a 100.000...so...if if it will be an expansion..it would be the last...but..i thinl..in...10..years...or..15 at most..the Man Utd board would think of buliding a stadium..of around..90.000 seats..
 
1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Top