Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CARR CALLS IT QUITS
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4576406,00.html

Former Newcastle and Tottenham defender Stephen Carr has announced his retirement from football.

The 32-year-old has decided to hang up his boots after failing to find himself a new club.

Carr has been without a club since leaving Newcastle at the end of last season and he has been linked with a number of sides.

However, the ex-Republic of Ireland international has been unable to find a club and he has now opted to quit the game.

Carr won 44 caps with the Republic and made over 300 first-team appearances for Tottenham and Newcastle.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i like Stephen Carr :(

he have been a decent player who played very well for Tottenham

sad that he had retired

·
Registered
854 Posts
This is a tragic loss for the Premier League and football in general. One of the true greats in the Premier League. who can forget that time Carr..? can't remember off the top of my head. A true wizard of the game, he was once described by Sir Alex as the greatest player who has ever lived. I for one was devastated he never played for us. Hey may be finished his playing career but god bless him and let's hope that he has a magnificent managerial career.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i personally am devastated at the news i only just got tickets to see alan carr next year on tour and now he's retiring .what a ****

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Northern Ireland MUFC said:
He did once score a good goal against us if i remember.
He did, although I can't find it on youtube :rolleyes:

Anyway, he was a decent player in his day but has been pretty awful for a while now. I'm not surprise he didn't find a new team tbh.

But good luck to him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts