Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all the hype that's surrounded Robinho & Sean Wright-Phillips arrival to Eastlands I think people have missed the real arrival.

Whatever you feel about City you have to admit they've got some good players at the moment.

Personally I feel that Ireland is currently out performing Robinho & Wright-Phillips together.

I don't know where this guy came from except that Sven gave him a more regular role last season.

Maybe it's just me but if I could only have one players from City it would be Ireland & Robinho could do whatever he liked for all I care.

Me, I just find it ironic that for all the financial clout Hughes has had he's brought in two players, Robinho & SWP.

Not bad players, excellent by all accounts. That said what I find funny is that Sven brought in a whole team.

Not only that he did it for a fraction of what Hughes spent & I think Sven brought in better players.

Under Sven Michael Johnson was the next Gerrard & I believed it. Elano & Petrov gave me something to smile about.

Micah Richards could defend. Well. Dunne & Richards were an actual partnership.

I kinda miss Sven. The only thing left from his reign is the magnificent Ireland.

Who knows how long he has before City buy Kaka & he's left on the bench too?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Lampard, Geovanni have come closest but Stephen Ireland for me has been the best midfielder in the premier league. His peformances remind me of fabregas at the start of last season. lets hope he cops on a bit and plays for ireland.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He's a good player no doubt, and has been excellent this season.

But saying that, I honestly don't think hes good enough for us.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
city youth system currently is one of the best.. the likes of onouha, johnson, ireland, richards, sturridge, evans, fernandes etc. So if citeh do buy these top players whats going to happen to all these plaers. going to be left on the bench but i doubt it

even with all this money i dont see citeh buying kaka, aguero, villa and so on.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ireland is a very good player but not top 4 standard IMO. He's a great attacking option for City though. 7 or so goals this season? More than most of our players :p

·
Registered
125 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Lampard, Geovanni have come closest but Stephen Ireland for me has been the best midfielder in the premier league. His peformances remind me of fabregas at the start of last season. lets hope he cops on a bit and plays for ireland.[/QUOTE

tbh theres nobody is playing as well carrick thats for club and country:eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Lampard, Geovanni have come closest but Stephen Ireland for me has been the best midfielder in the premier league. His peformances remind me of fabregas at the start of last season. lets hope he cops on a bit and plays for ireland.
Damn right he would be a massive help if he came back to play for the republic.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I watched him again today in the uefa cup, he has been consistently excellent so far and he will be a huge threat on Sunday. He wanders forward countless times unmarked and Carrick or Fletcher must keep an eye on him. I genuinely think he is turning into a great player.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
I watched him again today in the uefa cup, he has been consistently excellent so far and he will be a huge threat on Sunday. He wanders forward countless times unmarked and Carrick or Fletcher must keep an eye on him. I genuinely think he is turning into a great player.
well said, i think he has been great this season.
i just cant get over the fact he refuses to play for his country:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts