Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Irish Boys, plus others who may be interested...

Why in the fcuk is our best midfielder who has 4 goals in 6 international appearances not in our squad????

Don Givens has said in the papers today that he doesnt feel he should have to beg a 21 year old to play for his country and feels Stephen himself should come to him and beg to be put back in the squad...

this is bollox in my eyes, Don Givens doesnt need to be an ego, hes not the ****in manager he should make the next managers job that little bit easier by coaxing this excellent footballer back.

He should have named Ireland in the squad, if he didnt show up fair enough tell him to F off but expecting him to make the 1st move to some1 who isnt even his manager is rediculous!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I agree with Givens on this one.
Ireland has made the mistakes....he needs to get up off his lazy ass, pick up the phone and apologise or say he WANTS to play for his country. he doesnt seem bothered so why should he get a call up? A young lad of 22 should WANT to play for his country.

I agree that he is one of our best midfielders and should be in the squad but Givens will only be in charge for the Brazil game and whoever comes in as new gaffer will presumably be ringing up Stevie Ireland. If he had half a brain cell he would get him back in the fold.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, you will see Ireland back in the Ireland jersey soon enough, but Im with Givens on this one.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i still think givens should have named him in the squad, its not as if Ireland has announced his international retirement or anything, hes one of our best and brightest players and we desperately need him in the squad!!

hes done no favours for the next manager, for his own ego alone... just as selfish as stephen is in my eyes!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Givens is just proving a point.
The next manager wont be Givens
so whoever it is can just pick Stevie Ireland.
No problemo.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jazz 16 said:
Givens is just proving a point.
The next manager wont be Givens
so whoever it is can just pick Stevie Ireland.
No problemo.
lets hope so, hope it doesnt stop Ireland from playing for us ever again!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
typical of the way thing our done in this country. ireland is our best midfielder and something is obviously not right that none of us know about. douglas and carsley shall be interesting to see against kaka and anderson tho.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
typical of the way thing our done in this country. ireland is our best midfielder and something is obviously not right that none of us know about. douglas and carsley shall be interesting to see against kaka and anderson tho.
Dont forget about the 2 Reid's they can play too.......

We have a good team if you look at it.

Keepers: Given(most consistent keeper in the Prem EVER) Try and prove me wrong ;) Doyle, Henderson, Kenny (dont matter we have Given)

Defenders: Dunne (world class), O'Shea, McShane, Kelly, Kilbane, O'Brien.......We could do with a few more to be honest but its a start......

Midfielders:Hunt, Duff, McGeady, Reid=all classy and VERY capable
Carsley(rock), s.Reid, Miller, Douglas......... I would say excellent midfield

Strikers Robbie Keane=one of the best in the Prem. The pressure of being Irish captain showed but he will put in some great performances soon.
Kevin Doyle-another very capable striker Long and Murphy as well.

In conclusion we are streets better than England and nearly as good as Brazil.
World Cup Champions 2010=Republic of Ireland. Cmon you boys in Green :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
dunne world class? LOL ......cmon jazz

as the greatest irish (republic) player of all time said world class is a phrase used to frequently and well out of context these days

to suggest he's world class is way of the mark IMO...yes he's a great defender who's playing at the top of his game ATM but world class should only be used on the really special top players IMO

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
andycole9 said:
dunne world class? LOL ......cmon jazz

as the greatest irish (republic) player of all time said world class is a phrase used to frequently and well out of context these days

to suggest he's world class is way of the mark IMO...yes he's a great defender who's playing at the top of his game ATM but world class should only be used on the really special top players IMO

Well Im clearly Irish and clearly biased ;)
Saying that though he is one of the best in the Prem. Now THAT says a lot.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ur right jazz we aint got a bad team, i dont think we've ever boasted as many premiership quality players in any squad before!!

looks like el tel's gonna take the job, hope stephen ireland aint like every1 else from cork and hates brits!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
akash_reds said:
i didnt know ireland was that good..........
Ireland the player or Ireland the national team

Stephen Ireland is one of the most promising young midfielders in the premiership

Republic of Ireland Team: we're good but usually have a shit manager, but we still love us!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts