Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the same feeling today than I did back when Bruce scored those 2 late goals against Wednesday.

Anyone else see the similarities?

If only Fergie had gone onto the pitch :D

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Everton away two years ago...

2-0 down and we come back to win 4-2....similar to that. As for Bruce...it was something more special IMO. He was a defender...two goals...what seemed like 30 minutes extra time...etc..

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Ronaldo scoring that individual goal against Fulham a couple of years ago and then we went on to win the PL that year..! Just another similiar match..!:first:

Yeah, it would have been brillant to see Fergie run onto the pitch..!
Just watching his Interview now, he's so cool and calm about the whole game..!:D

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Kiko Macheda
Kiko Machedaaaa!!!
Came from italy
to score in front of the Stretty
Kiko Machedaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
This definintely had "that" feel about it. I'm just loving the thought of all those dippers in the pub holding their heads thinking that we would get zero points.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The crowd was in absolutely euphoria when that went in, it was amazing. The bloke next to me fell over into the row of seats infront!

I picked him up and told him thats a yellow for diving :D

Brilliant scenes, the most incredible scenes I've witnessed in Old Trafford.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have the same feeling today than I did back when Bruce scored those 2 late goals against Wednesday.

Anyone else see the similarities?

If only Fergie had gone onto the pitch :D

Jazz 16,
Our commentator /on Bulgarian TV/ made this same comaparison while the result was 1-2. He said that he feels that this will happen again. And it happened :)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
There's always one game every title winning season that makes you say - THAT was it. THAT was what is going to win us the title. This feels like one of those moments now - let's hope we can continue this into Sunderland and win the title (Porto next though!!!).

UNITED!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yes I knew after we won that game that THAT was the title winning game, the passion we saw from the players when it went in shows they believe it too!!!

Last season i knew we had it when Tevez equalised at Blackburn, the season before I think it was the day we beat everton and chelsea drew with Bolton... also the winner Ronaldo got at Fulham,..

I love it when you win like that... that result will take us over the finishing line... I hope all the doubters have shut the **** up for now, idiots!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yes I knew after we won that game that THAT was the title winning game, the passion we saw from the players when it went in shows they believe it too!!!

Last season i knew we had it when Tevez equalised at Blackburn, the season before I think it was the day we beat everton and chelsea drew with Bolton... also the winner Ronaldo got at Fulham,..

I love it when you win like that... that result will take us over the finishing line... I hope all the doubters have shut the **** up for now, idiots!!
They pick out the same ones in todays blog on manutd.com

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I love the footage of Bruce's goal. Fantastic seeing Brian Kidd run onto the pitch and sink to his knees.

The Macheda goal wasn't quite as late on but the feeling it left me with was very similar. If we go on to win the title it was obviously a crucial moment in the title race.

I felt deflated after Liverpool got a last minute winner against Fulham so I can only imagine what the Scousers were thinking after we were 10 minutes away from losing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts