Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many more times is this con artist going to get away with fooling referees into awarding penalties.

This whole respect the referee campaign includes playing fairly and within the laws of the game something gerrard definately dont do after seeing the athletico efforts.

The most ironic thing is he has been a player who in the past has come out to condemn the same actions.

Z

·
0 Posts
I hate the hypocrisy of the British press. When Ronaldo dives it's spread all over
the papers and everybody roars about it. When Gerrard dives there's no mention
of it in the press, and it's referrred to as a 'poor decision' rather than a dive. A
common misconception amongst English people is that English players don't dive,
but this is entirely false. Gerrard, , Michael Owen Joe Cole, hell even our very
own Wayne Rooney is prone to the occasional dive and it makes me sick. To see
such talented players resorting to such dirty tactcs and trying to con the referee
is very disappoointing as not just a United fan but a football fan.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i agree, Gerrard makes me so angry, he comes out with all this players who dive are disgusting and then he goes and does it himself!! and your right bout the press and the Ronaldo divin thing, they all have a go at him and when its Gerrard doin it its fine!!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
He seems to have developed a lot more variety in his diving. He used to dive the same way all the time.

You know, power slide on his chest followed by up on his knees arms raised.

Now he's learnt that sometimes you have to do the Drogba. I.e. Arms raised. Legs bent backwards. Whole body in the air.

Expression of pure anguish/pain on face. Drop to ground like you've been shot. Arch your body forwards to accentuate the fact that you may be dying.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Totally agree with you Blade!
Ronaldo diving is all over the press, all the time.
Gerrard, oh! the ref made a poor decision.
That was a terrible act he put on to get that penalty against Athletico, and reading the match report afterwards, I'm pretty sure BBC didn't even put it down to a bad decision.

Z

·
0 Posts
SriLawi Red Devil said:
Totally agree with you Blade!
Ronaldo diving is all over the press, all the time.
Gerrard, oh! the ref made a poor decision.
That was a terrible act he put on to get that penalty against Athletico, and reading the match report afterwards, I'm pretty sure BBC didn't even put it down to a bad decision.
Correct, even the Manchester Evening News said 'he left it late to WIN' a penalty.

Other papers talked about him being 'clever' to win it and 'doing well'.

if Ronaldo did the same thing, it would be 'he dived', 'cheated' etc etc. Total double standards.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
he is a true diver...english version of cristiano ronaldo !!!!!....

i've noticed how in england diving is especially condemened by the fans but can i ask you a question....
diving, and persuading ref to book a player with imaginary card waveing is not approved in England and it's what an average english fan hates the most, it's cheating , right ?

but what about this - just yesterday when berbatov made that flick that was cleared of the line - it was obvious that ball didn't cross the line but almost everyone (including english players ) in our camp lifted their hands in the air to persuade the ref to award the goal...is that cheating the ref...if the ball actually did cross the line wouldn't that be worse than imaginary card waveing....

or even worse,,,a player who's waveing with an imaginary card is only telling the ref that he thinks it's a yellow, and most of the time he's right ( ronaldo yesterday ) but you all seem to condemn that.-...and being right or wrong with lifting your hands in the air to persuade the ref to give you a goal doesn't matter for most of you ...why is that ? isn't that the same situation ?

imagine if the ref had allowed that berbatov's goal ...the pressure of our hand lifting would surely have something to do with it...isn't that same as diving, isn't that cheating - i mean you know that it didn't cross the line but you still want to persuade the ref to give you a goal....

and if you're not sure if it crossed it, or if you think that it did - why don't you let the ref do his job - isn't that equal to imaginary card waveing

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have seen that vid before lol next time he dose he should have his assed kicked by the ref lol, stupid idiot maybe someone should show it too him he might think twice before he opens his fat gob and has a go at other players when they do it!!

TOTAL HYPOCRITE!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
How dare you all criticise the golden child of english football , no one is allowed to do that.
Actually i am still seething about this two days afterwards , he hasnt had half the stick he should be getting because of who he is .
What is it about the media that they love liverpool so much , also the myth about the greatest fans liverpool , newcastle and celtic , they are all little scally scumbags

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Steven Gerrard is a diver. Unfortunately, he is one of many in the Premiership.

He's dived more blatantly than he did on Tuesday and will do so again in the future.

Even one of my Liverpool supporting mates admitted it was a lucky penalty.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
reddwarf said:
Steven Gerrard is a diver. Unfortunately, he is one of many in the Premiership.

He's dived more blatantly than he did on Tuesday and will do so again in the future.

Even one of my Liverpool supporting mates admitted it was a lucky penalty.[/QUOTE]
yeah they would wouldn't they ?:rolleyes:

if it had been ronaldo , the word "lucky " wouldn't have been in the dictionary:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts