Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that he is a free agent alot of teams are going to be after him.. the likes or arsenal, newcastle, and west ham are after him.. do you think we should go after him he is solid, fast and great tackler.. i wont go after him since we have enough midfielders as it is

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nah, all are business is done and dusted. I dont want to hear about another
possible transfer for a VERY long time.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've heard that West Ham are about to tie up the deal at some point. I can't see him going anywhere else. We don't need him, simple as, but good enough to do well in the Premiership (mid tableish), i suppose.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He is a great player imo but I guess we don't have room for him and would block Possebon's growth into the first team...perhaps if we did sell a midfielder in the transfer window but we never did so yeah even thought I would like to sign him, at the moment no.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
he will end up like essien, mikel, robben, ballack at chelsea....than he will say I snub Manchester United for Chelsea....and then bla ba bla.......
Yes that is a possibility but I loved getting the last laugh in the CL final hehehe I loved it when Ballack was crying!! :D

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
he will end up like essien, mikel, robben, ballack at chelsea....than he will say I snub Manchester United for Chelsea....and then bla ba bla.......
Somehow I don't think Appiah is that kind of person. I think Arsenal need him more than most and being out of contract he's free and available.

Free being the key word for Wenger. :) We've got too many defensive mids as it is. Carrick, Hargreaves, Possebon.

I'm going to get shot down for saying this... For all of Anderson's work rate, & I love the guy, I don't see him as an attacking mid.

I see him more as a defensive mid if anything. He does come up with a few slick passes but they're not a regular occurrence.

I know his running is impressive and he can open up the midfield but I just want to see more expansive passing from him.

Plus he can't call himself an attacking mid unless his shots are at least on target. He's young, he'll improve.

I won't even go there anymore than that. :p I would love an attacking mid other than Ronaldo.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Actually if anybody's interested here's a video compilation of Steven Appiah, mostly his time at Fenerbahce just after he left Juve.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nigelchin said:
anyway guys. i remember his name is STEPHEN Appiah, not Steven. and he's more of a attacking mid than defensive anyway.
Appiah left Juve and Serie A because he wanted to get a chance to play to keep him fit for World Cup 06. I doubt he would want to move to a club where he would be 3 or 4th pick at his position.

Appiah is a good player though.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Bayern And Schalke Join Appiah Hunt
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=853661

Recent reports in Germany suggest that Bundeliga title rivals Bayern Munich and Schalke are ready to slug it out for highly rated Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah.

Appiah recently negotiated his release from Turkish side Fenerbache last month in order to attain his free agent status. and now has a whole host of clubs lining up for his services, including reportedly former club Juventus, Udinese, Arsenal, West Ham United and Portsmouth.

The 27-year-old is said to favour a move to the Premier League side but the leading Bundesliga sides have shown increasing ambition, not least in terms of the financial packages they are willing to offer top players.

Appiah, who is currently keeping fit by training with ex side Brescia, but is determined to have his future sorted before the end of the month.

The Ghana captain endured a miserable season last term. Injury forced him to miss most of the season, including the African Cup of Nations.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
appiah is a good player and all but as everyone has pointed out he is not for us.....he wouldnt want to come to a team where he would be a sub......he would be good for a mid table team at best!!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Appiah eager to address future

Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah hopes to have secured a new club within the next seven days.

The former Fenerbahce player is a free agent after leaving the Turkish outfit in the summer and he has been strongly linked with a move to England.

Skysports.com revealed at the weekend that a host of Premier League clubs, including West Ham, Arsenal and Portsmouth, are keeping tabs on the former Juventus man.

And the 27-year-old is eager to have agreed terms with a new employer by the end of the week.

He told KickOffGhana: "By the close of the week, I will see where I am going to play my club football."

Appiah is still allowed to join a new club, despite missing last week's transfer deadline, because of his free agent status.
Source: Sky Sports

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If we had room for him, I wouldn't mind Appiah.

However, we don't have room for him.

But good luck to him all the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts