Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
marty davidson said:
when is it
:rolleyes: Next season in the league.

Gonna be some top away this. They hate us with a passion, fights whenever the fans meet. The coperates won't go to this one. Let the Red Army live on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad is a season ticket holder for the Stoke and his company sponsored the game when they last played Man Utd about 4 years ago in a friendly... this was the game Barthez played his last match for Man Utd (sorry manutd004 ;-) )... it was a great game, I went on the pitch b4 the game a stood next to Butt.

See this on you tube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BQ7GcPMoWk

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
stoke are a good old fashioned club and the game could be a close one if played early in season

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nice goal for Forlan there....first time Ive seen it and all.

Fair play to Stoke for getting promoted.
Our old lad Shawcross has been class for them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I remember the friendly against Stoke. I was watching it on MUTV and the two things that stuck out in my memory was Forlan's strike, plus the Stoke second goal going in off Barthez :eek:.

I can see the game being close but us picking up the win when we play at the Britannia. Waftord, Derby etc. have all put up good fights against United in recent seasons but United's class has taken them through.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
jd_united said:
I can see the game being close but us picking up the win when we play at the Britannia. Waftord, Derby etc. have all put up good fights against United in recent seasons but United's class has taken them through.
That'll probably happen.

It always does. Add in the fact that teams always raise their game against United, and its almost a certainty! :p

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I want to go to the Old Trafford tie against Stoke.

I used to live with a lad from Stoke a few years ago. He wasn't much of a footy fan but he got really excited when Stoke drew Liverpool in the League Cup and kept going on about how Stoke would cause an upset.

Liverpool won 8-0.

The look on his face at the end of the game was priceless and although I'm certainly no fan of Liverpool I took the mickey out of him for ages.

I'm hoping for a similar scoreline at Old Trafford so I can take the mickey out of him again :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
reddwarf said:
I want to go to the Old Trafford tie against Stoke.

I used to live with a lad from Stoke a few years ago. He wasn't much of a footy fan but he got really excited when Stoke drew Liverpool in the League Cup and kept going on about how Stoke would cause an upset.

Liverpool won 8-0.

The look on his face at the end of the game was priceless and although I'm certainly no fan of Liverpool I took the mickey out of him for ages.

I'm hoping for a similar scoreline at Old Trafford so I can take the mickey out of him again :D
Ha ha... I remember that game, I was there with my dad, the scum were scoring that many goals in such a sort space of time they put 8 on the score board when they had only scored 7... so funny!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
5-0 to united :)
berbatov, david villa, messi and kaka to score with sir bobby charlton coming off the bench to get the 5th.
what odds will you give me?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I cannot wait for this , it is always a great atmosphere and for some reason they really hate us , very peculiar that ,
they are not big enough to have a rivalry with us

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedAdam said:
5-0 to united :)
berbatov, david villa, messi and kaka to score with sir bobby charlton coming off the bench to get the 5th.
what odds will you give me?:rolleyes:
Sound's like a done deal... no bet (ha ha):D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts