Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was left shell-shocked with the thing my wife told me that happened to her at the bus. We have a daughter, she's 2 btw, and she's alergic on many stupid chemicals in sweets especially "bon-bon's " and stuff. So, our doctor told us to avoid those sweets and unhealthy food ( snacks, chips and stuff) to avoid it. Ok, so we tried and the biggest problem was explaining to people how she doesn't need that stuff, it is not good for her skin ( alergie) , for her teeth and her organism in general. People were so : "Oh , poor girl, she doesn't get ANY sweets, and stuff... " She does. Only a bit less than other kids of her generation. She has chocolate and stuff every once on a while, but not every day. Ok, I'll get to the point now - she was at the bus and some old lady saw our daughter and said : Ohhh, she is sooo sweet, can I give her a bon-bon. My wife replied - : Thanks, but she's not allowed to, she's alergic on that stuff, and her doctor forbided her to have those" . And the granny replied : "Ahhh, poor girl... So what ? Let her have it ! She so cute, and stuff". Wife said - No thanks. And after they'd went off the bus , the granny waited for the moment my wife was looking the other direction and sneaky gave her that candy. My wife saw it, said - "I said no", took it away and our daughter started crying in the middle of the street , with granny turning around like it's not her business.
And it makes me wonder - How the hell can she ( granny) be so persuasive in that ?! Doesn't she have a more important things to do, or her life goal is to mind other people's business ! Like I said - Stupidity - the greatest disease of it all !
So this is the thread where you can talk about things that frustrate you, or that happened to you, and which are really daft....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It isn't stupidity it's becuase she is old and in her day people were not so fussy about things, i understand she might be allergic but 50-60 years ago things like that where not taken very seriously.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
It isn't stupidity it's becuase she is old and in her day people were not so fussy about things, i understand she might be allergic but 50-60 years ago things like that where not taken very seriously.
good point.old lady just was wanted to be nicely.But I understand y r u upset,maybe I would bee so,but I belive that she didn't meant anything bad;)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think she meant anything bad, I KNOW she didn't which leads us to stupidity ! I'm not blaming her for asking my daughter if she wanted a candy, I'm blaming her for talking her health into her own hands by constantly trying to give her a candy even though she knew that doctor had forbbid her

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
I don't think she meant anything bad, I KNOW she didn't which leads us to stupidity ! I'm not blaming her for asking my daughter if she wanted a candy, I'm blaming her for talking her health into her own hands by constantly trying to give her a candy even though she knew that doctor had forbbid her
ya,as ryder said-in her time-time of world war and pest,one alergy was not taking for serious.but yes,she was wrong.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
OT......start of game......half time.....

The most annoying thing I find is when at football matches, especially old trafford, is people, who I can't call fans, arrive 5 or 10 minutes into the game and expect people who have been in their seats for an hour or so to stand up and let them into their seat and make them put up with a blocked view of the pitch as they get settled and find their seats.....
The same scenario occurs at half-time, everyone leaves for the toilet or the shop, and although I know there is often long queues for each of them, people who then arrive back at their seats 10 minutes into the second half is a disgrace to themselves, and shows clear disrespect to their fellow fans, not just those who are present at the match, but the millions of others at home and in pubs who either could not get tickets or could not afford to go to the match..
It also shows disrespect to the players who are trying their hardest to please the fans by winning...
I know in some cases the above cannot be helped because of one thing or an other but the majority of time it is sheer disregard and disrespect for others....

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
I was left shell-shocked with the thing my wife told me that happened to her at the bus. We have a daughter, she's 2 btw, and she's alergic on many stupid chemicals in sweets especially "bon-bon's " and stuff. So, our doctor told us to avoid those sweets and unhealthy food ( snacks, chips and stuff) to avoid it. Ok, so we tried and the biggest problem was explaining to people how she doesn't need that stuff, it is not good for her skin ( alergie) , for her teeth and her organism in general. People were so : "Oh , poor girl, she doesn't get ANY sweets, and stuff... " She does. Only a bit less than other kids of her generation. She has chocolate and stuff every once on a while, but not every day. Ok, I'll get to the point now - she was at the bus and some old lady saw our daughter and said : Ohhh, she is sooo sweet, can I give her a bon-bon. My wife replied - : Thanks, but she's not allowed to, she's alergic on that stuff, and her doctor forbided her to have those" . And the granny replied : "Ahhh, poor girl... So what ? Let her have it ! She so cute, and stuff". Wife said - No thanks. And after they'd went off the bus , the granny waited for the moment my wife was looking the other direction and sneaky gave her that candy. My wife saw it, said - "I said no", took it away and our daughter started crying in the middle of the street , with granny turning around like it's not her business.
And it makes me wonder - How the hell can she ( granny) be so persuasive in that ?! Doesn't she have a more important things to do, or her life goal is to mind other people's business ! Like I said - Stupidity - the greatest disease of it all !
So this is the thread where you can talk about things that frustrate you, or that happened to you, and which are really daft....

Nobody in this world is stupid, we all have equal intelligence. Just that some use it to the better of their potential than others. Nobody is stupid!!

Further more she was just trying to be kind - heart is obviously in the right place.
Though I do understand your situation - if she had given the sweets to you wife for your daughter at some point to have at a later date, well that would have been perfectly ok!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anderson's God said:
Nobody in this world is stupid, we all have equal intelligence. Just that some use it to the better of their potential than others. Nobody is stupid!!

Further more she was just trying to be kind - heart is obviously in the right place.
Though I do understand your situation - if she had given the sweets to you wife for your daughter at some point to have at a later date, well that would have been perfectly ok!
Mate, kindness stoped with that second time when she was trying to sneak a candy to a 2 year old. That's stupidity... You're too good mate.;-)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rydersonthestorm said:
It's not stupidity you obviously haven't met many older people, she was just trying to be nice and probably thought your wife was just being fussy.
haven't met ? no i've lived with them...
First time, was her being polite, second time was disrespect,,, the thing she did

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Not really disrespect you just seem very fussy about things and calling and old lady stupid who was just trying to be nice makes you look stupid. It's funny how everyone seems to disagree with what you are saying but you have to be right.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rydersonthestorm said:
Not really disrespect you just seem very fussy about things and calling and old lady stupid who was just trying to be nice makes you look stupid. It's funny how everyone seems to disagree with what you are saying but you have to be right.
How do I look stupid ? So , if anyone disagrees that makes it right ? How come you don't see what I was trying to say ? First time she asked her about a candy , she was nice, second time is disrespectfull... She would have given it even if my wife had said that our daughter was diabetic... Is that stupid.. How come choking in alergie is not as bad as diabetes ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rydersonthestorm said:
I don't think you really understand what i and everyone else is saying, so is it worth me carrying on.
i know... you just think the old lady was polite and didn't take her seriously...fair enough , but knowing grannies from around here, i have a felling that she was disrespectfull...but we agree that we disagree.. i don't know...it was my daughter involved, so maybe I'm too biased

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Uh oh, it's a stupidity thread, I have to participate.

Stupidity is something that unfortunately exists in today's society. It comes about by many ways. For most people, it's a choice. The lack of effort that people put into schooling (because obviously how you look and who you impress is more important than getting an education), and the fact that more people care about the latest celebrity gossip in the news instead of current events that actually matter are just two examples of numerous things that are driving the general intelligence level of society in a downward spiral.

I won't go into depth about that though, I'll just say my piece on this topic and move on.

The old lady, in my opinion, was being stupid. It's one thing to offer sweets to a kid. It is even, arguably, understandable why an elder woman would be persistent in this. However, to not only disrespect the parent of the child, but to also sink to doing it behind the mother's back is just ignorant. Not to mention the fact that someone that has had years of medical training to diagnose that this child has a low immunity against the sweet and could give the child health complications just makes the situation that much worse. Lets say that the doc said that by giving her sweets it could cause her heart failure, and the old lady becomes persistent and ends up sneaking the kid a bite and the child dies from it. Personally, I think the old lady should be charged with murder since she was warned about the health issues, and willingly chose to blatantly ignore it and give it to the child surreptitiously (who, as mentioned, is 2 years old and thus not able to fully comprehend her situation). Fortunately, the child's situation isn't that drastic (at least I hope not since she's allowed snacks), and the mother caught the issue anyway. Someone mentioned that 50-60 years ago things weren't taken lightly. While this may be true, it is also true that people back then were raised with a lot more respect than today's society. Ironically the phrase "respect your elders" comes to mind. The elder woman in this case should've respected the decision of the mother (the "elder" to the child) and moved on, or compromised as earlier posted by giving the sweet to the mother for later distribution to the child if deemed an ok thing to do.

Stepping off the soap box now. Sorry

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PrinceZane said:
Uh oh, it's a stupidity thread, I have to participate.

Stupidity is something that unfortunately exists in today's society. It comes about by many ways. For most people, it's a choice. The lack of effort that people put into schooling (because obviously how you look and who you impress is more important than getting an education), and the fact that more people care about the latest celebrity gossip in the news instead of current events that actually matter are just two examples of numerous things that are driving the general intelligence level of society in a downward spiral.

I won't go into depth about that though, I'll just say my piece on this topic and move on.

The old lady, in my opinion, was being stupid. It's one thing to offer sweets to a kid. It is even, arguably, understandable why an elder woman would be persistent in this. However, to not only disrespect the parent of the child, but to also sink to doing it behind the mother's back is just ignorant. Not to mention the fact that someone that has had years of medical training to diagnose that this child has a low immunity against the sweet and could give the child health complications just makes the situation that much worse. Lets say that the doc said that by giving her sweets it could cause her heart failure, and the old lady becomes persistent and ends up sneaking the kid a bite and the child dies from it. Personally, I think the old lady should be charged with murder since she was warned about the health issues, and willingly chose to blatantly ignore it and give it to the child surreptitiously (who, as mentioned, is 2 years old and thus not able to fully comprehend her situation). Fortunately, the child's situation isn't that drastic (at least I hope not since she's allowed snacks), and the mother caught the issue anyway. Someone mentioned that 50-60 years ago things weren't taken lightly. While this may be true, it is also true that people back then were raised with a lot more respect than today's society. Ironically the phrase "respect your elders" comes to mind. The elder woman in this case should've respected the decision of the mother (the "elder" to the child) and moved on, or compromised as earlier posted by giving the sweet to the mother for later distribution to the child if deemed an ok thing to do.

Stepping off the soap box now. Sorry
THANK YOU !!! I REST MY CASE:)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
If I had a little baby girl and this old lady says this to me.......I would tell her straight no way does my little girl have sweets......then I'd watch my baby non-stop.......

Nobody will ever have a chance to do anything to my little baby unless they want me to deal with !!

Maybe I could tell the old lady "No" and she doesn't hear me or misunderstands me or something - much safer to guard agains tthis possbility

1 - 20 of 23 Posts