Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D :D :D :D - I can't believe you can be so stupid. Usually one can identify an unmarked Garda(Irish Police) Car. I live at a corner house and you walk 20 seconds and you come to a turning. At the corner of the turning there is plain clothes Garda that had stopped either for a break or just as part of their patrol of the estate.

Next moment a young man in his 20's with his little child 2/3 years old - neither wearing a helmet on a mo-ped on the opposite path going at a moderate speed.
The complete idiot doesn't even notice the Gardai sitting there waiting to stop him.
How the hell can you miss an unmarked Garda car with an Ariel and front lights start flashing. He has been caught before just a few months ago and got arrested for verbally abusing a Garda officer and failing to protect his child with some safety gear such as a helmet.

Such a muppet! Such a laugh!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
:confused: How can you miss an unmarked Garda car ?

Quite easy I imagine - this is WHY it is unmarked surely ?

It has the airial but so do most cars - and the front lights
only flash when they chase someone surely ?

I am maybe missing the point of this post :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
the point should not be how could he miss the garda and get caught, im glad he got caught coz every time he rides round with his child and no safety helmet he puts that child's life in danger, and if he comes off or is hit that child dies, what a prick, if he did that on my street i'd drag him off my self and give him a fcuking slap

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
andycole9 said:
the point should not be how could he miss the garda and get caught, im glad he got caught coz every time he rides round with his child and no safety helmet he puts that child's life in danger, and if he comes off or is hit that child dies, what a prick, if he did that on my street i'd drag him off my self and give him a fcuking slap
Ah thankyou - I agree with you but couldn't be sure if I had to be amazed this idiot could not recognise this police car or if I am supposed to be amazed at stupid boy trying to kill the baby !!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I guess maybe it's different over there. Unmarked officers and cars over here are actually fairly hard to tell.

The only "main" giveaway is that the windows are usually tinted a little darker than normal. All the flashy lights, etc. are inside the car.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I agree with zane about america, the cars here will fool you.
fellow brothers and sisters what does this garda car look like?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I got pulled over by a 96 astro van

Had a modified corvette engine :(

Police are mean sometimes

(granted I was doing 113miles/181km in a 45mph/72kmph zone)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The unmarked Garda cars are easy to spot, they use the same type of cars every time and always go slowly. In Ireland its not hard. Toyota is common. Its crazy Limerick in Ireland which is a county have 5 Garda stations, yet Tallaght in Dublin is bigger than Limerick and has only 1. Where I currently live Tallaght, the current population is 100,000 people and 1 Garda station - it nuts and it gets to easy for the bad ones!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Originally he quoted me with revoked car and license and jail time.

I made up some bs for why I was trying to get home so fast (was about 5-6 hrs away) and he said "well, I can't let you go, but I'll see what I can do"

I would thank him for being nice... but then my insurance came in and the price DROPPED. That means when I sent in the money, he put it in his pocket and never put it on my record.

Greedy pig! (but at least I'm not in jail :D)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
over here jail and prison are the same thing, if we get arrested we spend a few hours in a cell in the police station, to go to jail or prison (same thing) we have to go to court 1st. am i right in thinking that jail and prison are 2 different things in the states? if so whats the longest you can spend in jail?

Anderson's God said:
Over here you would end up with 3 Penalty points at most.
im pretty shocked at that AG i thought our laws were very similer

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
PrinceZane said:
I got pulled over by a 96 astro van

Had a modified corvette engine :(

Police are mean sometimes

(granted I was doing 113miles/181km in a 45mph/72kmph zone)
180 km is too fast Mr......hope they give you hard time for this, lol :p

andycole9 said:
you not get banned from driving prince? if you did that in england you would get a ban for sure,
If you did that in Romania they make you F1 driver, lol...we dont have cars that go this fast, lmao :p

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
180 km is too fast Mr......hope they give you hard time for this, lol :p

If you did that in Romania they make you F1 driver, lol...we dont have cars that go this fast, lmao :p
LMAO :D :D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
andycole9 said:
over here jail and prison are the same thing, if we get arrested we spend a few hours in a cell in the police station, to go to jail or prison (same thing) we have to go to court 1st. am i right in thinking that jail and prison are 2 different things in the states? if so whats the longest you can spend in jail?

im pretty shocked at that AG i thought our laws were very similer

Garda and Courts don't give a **** about much, you get away most thing in this country. People complain about our Justice system so much and really its not hard to see why!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts