·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silvestre set for summer rest

Wednesday 07 May 2008

Source : 4thegame.com

MIKAEL SILVESTRE

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre has ruled himself out of this summer's European Championships, despite recently recovering from a long-term knee injury.
The 30-year-old France international has featured five times for United in recent weeks, having been sidelined since last September by cruciate ligament damage.

However, Silvestre says he is hoping to have a rest this summer and concentrate on being back to his best for next season at Old Trafford.
He told the Manchester Evening News: "I have been working really hard during the season to get back so, though I haven't had many games, I do still need a rest this summer.
"I want a break and Then come back fresh for next season.
"Unless there are a couple of injuries for France I don't think I will be included. The manager has a few options in defence in the centre and at left-back.
"He has Lilian Thuram, William Gallas, Philippe Mexes, Eric Abidal and Gael Clichy, so there is big competition.
"So I don't mind having a rest to be honest. My aim is to focus on United for next season."

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
He's right - there's no chance he'll get called up for France.

Apart from the names he's mentioned there's also Evra, Boumsong, Clerc and Squillaci.

Why risk picking someone who has missed most of the season through injury?

The rest will do him good though and hopefully he'll be able to stay fit next season.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
marty davidson said:
not good enough to be called up
He is good enough to be called up.

He may be a dodgy CB, but he is a very good LB.

But after a season out injured, he had no chance in all honesty.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
He's good but better Choice is Evra there.
And I hope Evra gets a chance to be 1st choice ,before Abidal.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he has been injured for a long time and his fav position is LB..so no hope...with abidal and evra in the team why would france take a risk by callling in silvestre........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts