Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I am a Sunderland fan and admin for a similar site for my team although our fanbase is a tad bit smaller. :p
For the first time since taking over at SAFC Roy Keane looks extremely vunerable as manager of the club, alot of fans are fed up with his bad tactical decisons and the amount of money he has wasted on transfers.
Obviously we are expected to get thumped by you on Saturday evening. I was just wondering if naybody had a view on Keane as a manager and is he even on the radar to manage Man Utd once Fergie goes?

·
23,699 Posts
chestermackem said:
Hi everybody
I am a Sunderland fan and admin for a similar site for my team although our fanbase is a tad bit smaller. :p
For the first time since taking over at SAFC Roy Keane looks extremely vunerable as manager of the club, alot of fans are fed up with his bad tactical decisons and the amount of money he has wasted on transfers.
Obviously we are expected to get thumped by you on Saturday evening. I was just wondering if naybody had a view on Keane as a manager and is he even on the radar to manage Man Utd once Fergie goes?
Welcome Admin, our pleasure. :)

I think he is obviously still learning the ropes. Give him a bit more time as his learning curve will inevitably be steeper this season with the tremendous pressure now piling up.

As for taking over Fergie..... well, let's see what he does for you first. :p ;)

·
Registered
854 Posts
chestermackem said:
Hi everybody
I think Keane's biggest problem is that he has brought in too many average players and in the wrong positions. I mean he has about 10 decent strikers, which is crazy. Only Jones and Cisse are Prem quality I think. He should have shored up the defence more.

However, despite all this he has still done a great job. Think of where yous were when he took over. Last in the Championship. I think for this he deserves patience from the fans. Also, the way the PL has been this season a few wins and bang your in the top half of the table. I think if Keane stays I can't see Sunderland going down at all.

One more point is with Keane there is more publicity. There are a lot more fans now that he is there is a lot more press coverage. Also, quality players want to play for someone who they respect so if yous wanted to sign a top player, Keane being there helps. Personally, I think it would be crazy to let him go.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
welcome aboard m8, firstly saturday i don't think you'll get thrashed expecting sunderland to raise thier game even after the form of late...2-0 united i;m thinking.

manager wise think keano has got somthing about him, despite the run your in at the moment, he needs patience and time like all young managers do and longer term think hes a good bet to make it. have to agree though think some of his buys have been questionable.

as for taking over from SAF, in the next couple of years at least think fergie will still be around , then wouldn't be surprised if united go for a big name manager, that is unless by then keano has really acheived big success.

anyways good luck for the rest of the season-obviously not against us tho

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
keano was the best player i have seen but has a manager i think he is extremely limited most of his signings are ex utd or rep of ireland players and thats not sign of a top talent spotter.
he is also a proud man and i think he will probabley walk out on sunderland if the flak keeps flying and i don't think utd would trust his judgement in managing the club.
i think utd might go to town on sunderland in the upcoming game because we simply need to start hitting some top form and get some goals on the board .
sunderland do have one top player in kenwyn jones i think that he is superb and i would love to see him at utd.
good luck for the remainder of the season ,your a top bunch of fans and fully deserve top flight football.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I said in here, only the other day, he can ONLY sign players willing to come to Sunderland. Do you think he would not be signing the Ronaldinho's of this world if he could?

On tv last night, there was an item on the British Community (or rather the complete lack of it). Sunderland came out as the best place in the UK for a community spirit and neighbourliness.

Sunderland, when his players get their heads out of their backsides, could be a force again, in UK football, with the addition of about 4 class players. This current squad want shooting for false pretences.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i said on here the other day that he would probabley walk out . the problem with keano is that he is tempermental and he will openly speak his mind and mostly ends up talking himself into trouble .
then he walks away from the problem , i don't believe utd would ever trust his judgement or temperment in managing this great club.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
good old roy once a red always a red !!!!

lets hope you dont get a dose of new manager luck at the weekend !

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
haggler said:
lets hope you dont get a dose of new manager luck at the weekend !
Let's hope they get caretaker manager's luck!

The last time a NE club came to Old Trafford after their manager walked out we won 6-0. Just one of the reasons I love Kevin Keegan. :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
chestermackem said:
Hi everybody

Tony Pulis, Stoke City manager said on the show Premier League World.....If you want to be a good manager......You need to be sacked threee time.....

Roy Keane are not far away, he need to 2 or more sacking so that he can be a good and maybe great manager....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts