Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say if we won the CL and city won the uefa cup (not that im wanting them to) we would end up with them in the super cup.

just thinking it would actually make the comp worth winning for once?

views?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
say if we won the CL and city won the uefa cup (not that im wanting them to) we would end up with them in the super cup.

just thinking it would actually make the comp worth winning for once?

views?
The UEFA cup is before the CL final though, right?
So wanting City to win anything before we have won it could be a bit dodgy.
Obviously player City in something like the Super Cup could be quality,
Id rather City went 34 years without winning anything.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The UEFA cup is before the CL final though, right?
So wanting City to win anything before we have won it could be a bit dodgy.
Obviously player City in something like the Super Cup could be quality,
Id rather City went 34 years without winning anything.
yeah im not debating that 34 years would be better im just saying if i went to you in 1999 we would be playing city in the super cup final in 10 years time as they just scrapped past gillingham in the league 2 play off final what would you have said

just thought it was a bit wow

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
yeah im not debating that 34 years would be better im just saying if i went to you in 1999 we would be playing city in the super cup final in 10 years time as they just scrapped past gillingham in the league 2 play off final what would you have said

just thought it was a bit wow
well it would be a bit 'wow'
Obviously if they did win the Uefa it would be shit, but if we won the CL and got to play them, then I reckon the game would be great (if it ever got to happen), which it wont lol

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it would be a bit 'wow'
Obviously if they did win the Uefa it would be shit, but if we won the CL and got to play them, then I reckon the game would be great (if it ever got to happen), which it wont lol
manchester would take over monaco, would be worth the money for once i guess

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
manchester would take over monaco, would be worth the money for once i guess
it would yeah.
Spose you deserve a decent game after going all the way out there last time round.
You went to Monaco with your boss right? I remember you talking about it last summer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it would yeah.
Spose you deserve a decent game after going all the way out there last time round.
You went to Monaco with your boss right? I remember you talking about it last summer.:thumbsup:
Na i went milan with my boss and my pal for monaco. was only £4 something for the ticket tho, shows how lil interest the super cup has.

need to find someone to go porto with now. hard times in the credit crunch to get someone to travel with

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Na i went milan with my boss and my pal for monaco. was only £4 something for the ticket tho, shows how lil interest the super cup has.

need to find someone to go porto with now. hard times in the credit crunch to get someone to travel with
you get sorted with tickets?
Im headin to the home tie myself.
My ST holder fella misses a lot of games so he cant apply for the aways :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you get sorted with tickets?
Im headin to the home tie myself.
My ST holder fella misses a lot of games so he cant apply for the aways :rolleyes:
na im gonna apply, think its tomorrow. gonna apply for two and see if i can get someone to go with me if im successful. but need to apply for the away cause say we get arsenal next round more points means more chances.

yeah im still debating about the home leg cause of flight and hotel money if i do the away. depends on money situations. guy that sits next to me had to opt out of cup schemes cause it got to much for him, amount of people that are priced out it sucks cause most of them are the good fans aswell.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The UEFA Cup is worthless and the Europa League
will be even more so.

It's ridiculous that teams like Liverpool who haven't
won a League in 20 years play CL football. Then again,
the European Cup wouldn't work that well now. Back
in the day teams from smaller countries looked after their
talents rather than selling them to the Big 3 Leagues, examples
include Marseille, Ajax and Red Star Belgrade.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will be even more so.

hmmm na i like the uefa cup, gives smaller teams a chance to do euro aways. and euro aways a great. like say if fergie left and we become a mid table side pushing for a europe place. actually just say we was like fulham in 10 years. any euro away is better than no euro away. gives smaller teams a chance basically

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
hmmm na i like the uefa cup, gives smaller teams a chance to do euro aways. and euro aways a great. like say if fergie left and we become a mid table side pushing for a europe place. actually just say we was like fulham in 10 years. any euro away is better than no euro away. gives smaller teams a chance basically
unless youre Martin O'Neill of course :whistling:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
will be even more so.

agreed, seriously, what can the winner of the uefa cup claim he has won?, just seems like a pointless tournament imo.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
didnt know the inter toto was still going :confused: :D
huh? The Uefa cup will be called the Europa cup from next season onwards. Its just an attempt to revamp it, put more money in etc.

dont they get automatic qualification into the champions league? not 100% on that but im sure city will take it
No they dont. THey win the cup and thats it as well as whatever prize money is on offer.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
dont they get automatic qualification into the champions league? not 100% on that but im sure city will take it
Yes, they do.

I was thinking, say Arsenal win the Champions League but
Aston Villa beat Arsenal to 4th place, then Man City win
the UEFA cup, would SIX English teams be playing Champions
League football?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Yes, they do.

I was thinking, say Arsenal win the Champions League but
Aston Villa beat Arsenal to 4th place, then Man City win
the UEFA cup, would SIX English teams be playing Champions
League football?
No they stopped that.
Its 4 max Peejay.
See my post above. Uefa winner does not get automatic qualification into the CL.
and if Arsenal won it and Villa came 4th, Villa still wouldnt qualify for it.
They changed the rule after the time Everton got 4th.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts