Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forzaunited said:
they want to get on the road before they hit the traffic
They can stay ten minutes after the final whitsle. I mean, if anybody score a goal in the last seconds, they miss that goal.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ayrton-senna3 said:
They can stay ten minutes after the final whitsle. I mean, if anybody score a goal in the last seconds, they miss that goal.

lol then people who leave have only probaly just started supporting united.

real fans who suports united all there lifes would stay for longer

sometimes united away faNS SOUND lounder than our home :S

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forzaunited said:

I'm afraid so! I would stay at least ten minutes after the final whistle. I mean they paid to attend that match and they don't watch the full game. Even if the entry's free, I would stay at least ten minutes after the final whistle, because it's the mighty Manchester United.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
forzaunited said:

agreed...and you're not the only one who knows that. hope the United fans will be more lively in the future.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know loads of people who left this game early what muppets :rolleyes:
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/middlesbrough/reports/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/01/22/SOCCER_Norwich.html&TEAMHD=mboro&DIV=prem&TEAM=MIDDLESBROUGH&RH=Middlesbrough&PREV_SEASON=2003

just shows again that anything can happen in football. they were all gutted :p

I've said it before and will say it again, i really cant understand why people would want to leave early, a true supporter would stay to the end everytime no matter whats happening, you go there for the team and you must support them through the bad times aswell as the good.

sorry if the link does not work, i'm useless with computers :eek:

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I had to leave OT early once, because I had a massive Asthma attack. I wish I just stayed until my lungs closed lol

·
Registered
846 Posts
Davey said:
I had to leave OT early once, because I had a massive Asthma attack. I wish I just stayed until my lungs closed lol
well i dont mean if there is an emergency lol or if someone is ill.

but to leave early because of traffic is a poor excuse. i have a four hour journey home but wouldnt leave early.

Asthma is nasty, poor you :(

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
the only game ive ever left early from is wales v poland at millenium stadium cos the traffic is unbearable and wales were 3 - 0 down

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ha whenever I've been to Wales games there always at the Racecourse (in Wrexham) and the attendance is never high enough for there to be major traffic :p

Simple as people, just want to get out quicker onto the roads, no big deal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ayrton-senna3 said:
Why do supporters leave Old Trafford five minutes before the final whistle? :confused:
At the Spuds game today the 2 that sit in front of me, who are always late, arrived 6 minutes into the game. They left their seats for half-time 3 minutes before the whistle, then came back 16 minutes into the 2nd half, and left with 5 minutes to go.

Why do they bother? :confused:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah iv realized that in many other sports too that people tend to leave early as not only traffic goes up right after the game but also the public transport. But like some have mentioned, that is why I kind of leave last. I sit around take some pictures and then make my way out of the stadium and its empty! Though once I did leave an Australian Football League game early because the Chelsea vs. Man United game was going to start and plus we were losing a fair bit and there was only 2 or 3 mins to go lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only time I've left early was a few years back, we were 0 - 3 down to Chelsea and the 4th official held up the added time board with 6 minutes on it, I was in the car by the time the whistle blew for full time . . .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
have never left a united match early, wouldnt unless i had some emergency reason.......
only ever left one match early ( not a united one) and that was because i had to get 25 miles down the road to go to another match that was kicking off

1 - 20 of 32 Posts