Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Bill Shankly could rise from the grave and Mexico still wouldn't be the best team in CONCACAF.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
haha brilliant :rofl:
It wont be the last of him though. He'll be in the Premiership in the next 12 months I reckon.

I remember Miguel moaning about the Mexican team recently. Maybe he can tell us more?? like recent results, poor team selections, tactics etc...

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
haha brilliant :rofl:
It wont be the last of him though. He'll be in the Premiership in the next 12 months I reckon.

I remember Miguel moaning about the Mexican team recently. Maybe he can tell us more?? like recent results, poor team selections, tactics etc...
I'm sure he can get into better detail than I can, but from what I saw on Feb 11, I've never seen the USA rip apart Mexico so bad in my life, and they're our bitch now. They got a great result against Costa Rica though, but I suppose that loss against Honduras really hurt him.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I'm sure he can get into better detail than I can, but from what I saw on Feb 11, I've never seen the USA rip apart Mexico so bad in my life, and they're our bitch now. They got a great result against Costa Rica though, but I suppose that loss against Honduras really hurt him.
ouch. That must be like getting beat by Liechtenstein (or Finland :whistling:) cmon you haggis noshers. bite me

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
ouch. That must be like getting beat by Liechtenstein (or Finland :whistling:) cmon you haggis noshers. bite me
I wouldn't say they're that bad, considering they've survived a few rounds of qualifying to get to this point. They're probably 6th or so in CONCACAF which would might put you around Finland range. :p

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
when will maradona get the argie boot ? they did lose 6-1 after all
Too much of a God there and hasnt been given a chance. Not sure where they stand in their qualifying group (Does anyone know?) By all accounts the game in Bolivia was at a very high altitude and on a shit pitch. They should still probably qualify and see how they get on at the WC before they even think of sacking him. Its funny though cos before he was made Argie coach Maradona fought for the Bolivians' right to play the games at such a high altitude, because its where their national stadium was.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think they're second or third in their group (Argentina I mean)

EDIT: Or maybe they're fourth. Paraguay are 1st, Brazil 2nd and Chile 3rd, with Uruguay 5th. The top 4 qualify automatically, with the 5 placed going into a play-off with a North American nation.

The table is here.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think they're second or third in their group (Argentina I mean)

EDIT: Or maybe they're fourth. Paraguay are 1st, Brazil 2nd and Chile 3rd, with Uruguay 5th. The top 4 qualify automatically, with the 5 placed going into a play-off with a North American nation.

The table is here.
hmm they should still be alright though. Top 4 qualify?? pfft and a 5th goes into a playoff.
Looks like Brazil and Argentina will get through, but sure what's a WC without those 2 teams?
They are a lot weaker than some make out though.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
hmm they should still be alright though. Top 4 qualify?? pfft and a 5th goes into a playoff.
Looks like Brazil and Argentina will get through, but sure what's a WC without those 2 teams?
They are a lot weaker than some make out though.
5th is basically guaranteed qualification, considering they'll either be playing Honduras, T&T or El Salvador. Since I can't see Mexico staying in 4th for long.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
5th is basically guaranteed qualification, considering they'll either be playing Honduras, T&T or El Salvador. Since I can't see Mexico staying in 4th for long.
Still a way to go in your group though. That Honduras win suited you lot quite a bit ;)
Good link actually http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/tables?league=fifa.worldq.conmebol&&cc=5739 Its interesting to see which teams could make it to the next World Cup.
They only seem to have played one game in Africa though. They have some catching up to do.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Still a way to go in your group though. That Honduras win suited you lot quite a bit ;)
Good link actuallyhttp://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/tables?league=fifa.worldq.conmebol&&cc=5739. Its interesting to see which teams could make it to the next World Cup.
They only seem to have played one game in Africa though. They have some catching up to do.
I suppose the Honduras win helped, but we had a better goal difference, and a point ahead of the Mexicans anyway. I actually think this will be the year we beat them at the Ashtray. Hopefully there aren't any Togos, Tunisias and shit teams like that in 2010, I'd love it to be nothing but the big boys from each region. That being said, I'd love SA to be in the USA's group. :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Argentina losing to Bolivia 6-1 is unbelievable, I think it's something to do with the altitude they play at, because they beat Brazil as well.

Sven will be back in the Premiership soon, don't know who to but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Not surprised at all it happened, yesterday was the most embarrassing, disgraceful piece of football I have seen them play. A lot of it had to do with sven playing a natural center back in magallon as right back, playing a player who is off form in right midfield as perez instead of Arce who had a great game against costa rica. Add to that the constant starts given to dos santos and vela who hardly get a lick with their current clubs. Having said that though I still will not say our current level is down to solely him, I wont even say he is the biggest factor. The fact is he had to deal with an fa that is basically managed by the corrupt owners of the 1st division clubs, some who have been rumored to be linked with organized crime, who clearly are looking towards their best interests instead of the national sides. an fa that is a complete and utter joke to be honest. Second he had to deal with a generation of players that are just a bunch of ******* prima donnas, who have shown no passion, commitment or interest to play in the national side. A generation who won the U 17 world cup yet most if its players arent even starters on their own club sides. To put it simple, the Mexican player has been overhyped, overvalued and overrated, to the point where they have seriously underestimated the competition in concacaf. The fact is that because of this corruption in Mexican football, its standard of play has seriously dropped, while the rest of concacaf is getting better every year, and I dont think another manager will solve the problem, the solution to the problem is really cleaning out the corruption and mediocre mentality of Mexican football.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts