Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaun Wright-Phillips is set for a medical at Manchester City on Thursday, skysports.com understands.

The England international knows he is on the fringes of the first-team at Stamford Bridge and coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has hinted he would be willing to let him leave.

Aston Villa, Newcastle and Portsmouth all made enquiries this summer - but it is Everton and his former club City who have emerged as front-runners.

Now City are believed to have agreed terms on a deal worth close to £9million.

Wright-Phillips is due for a medical at City's Carrington training complex ahead of a possible move - although he will not be able to meet boss Mark Hughes, as he and his squad are in Denmark ahead of their Uefa Cup clash with FC Midtjylland on Thursday.

26-year-old Wright-Phillips played over 150 games for City before leaving the club in 2005 when Chelsea paid £21million for his signatur

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4058162,00.html

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
They ruined this guy too........ Swp is class and will benifit from a move.
Hope he picks villa tho and not city:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
They ruined this guy too........ Swp is class and will benifit from a move.
Hope he picks villa tho and not city:)
damaged goods i'm affraid, move to chelsea like shevchenko has ruined his career. mind you citeh is about his level as he cannot cut it @ top 4 level

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
finally he leaves.. now he can have a run for the england squad and get some games in.. and not just in the carling cup or friendlies.. he is a top player and everytime i saw him play for chelski he always looked impressive..

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Whoooooo cares? He's garbage anyway now, the only reason anyone ever rated him is because he's English.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
piazza said:
Whoooooo cares? He's garbage anyway now, the only reason anyone ever rated him is because he's English.
to be fair mate wen he was playing at city he was pretty awsome, he just got messed up at chelski and im doubting hell ever be the same player again but i suppose only time can tell

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
to be fair mate wen he was playing at city he was pretty awsome, he just got messed up at chelski and im doubting hell ever be the same player again but i suppose only time can tell
Honestly, if he was as good as he was at city and was from Trinidad and Tobago you'd have never heard of him.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Heard about this earlier on SSN, so pleased for SWP. He has finally seen the light and will be a great asset to what ever club he ends up at, i remember back in his city days i used to watch him on match of the day and think **** me he's pretty good. Chelsea have ruined him abit but he will pick up where he left off when he left city. Hate chelsea for this so much, sheva too was amazing at ac then they ruined him, hope he picks it back up at ac too.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
piazza said:
Honestly, if he was as good as he was at city and was from Trinidad and Tobago you'd have never heard of him.
haha yea yea true, he did have some awsome games back in the day for city one aginst us, and one was a fa cup game, hes not the greatest but hes far better than stern john (the only T & T player i can think of lol)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
haha yea yea true, he did have some awsome games back in the day for city one aginst us, and one was a fa cup game, hes not the greatest but hes far better than stern john (the only T & T player i can think of lol)
true....Dwight Yorke doesn't ring a bell?!?

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
gonna have to agree somewhere between what pizza boy is saying and the SWP fans...i think he is a good player on his day but not a top level player at all. i think if you had rubbish, average, good, very good and amazing in a list, id put him in good... he has days when he can be very good but he also has days when he is somewhere between rubbish and average....

Like the kid, but he is not top class imo...should shine at man city though

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
its half 2 in the morning man lol, and yorke was and is far BETTER than SWP
Lol, its alright we all have our lapses in concentration. Just ask John Terry. God bless All-Night-Dwight.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
piazza said:
Lol, its alright we all have our lapses in concentration. Just ask John Terry. God bless All-Night-Dwight.
you better not be comparing me to john terry hahah.

and back on subject i think united OG put it best hes a good player on his day and ina smaller team i agree with that comment 100%

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
He'll be an asset for City no doubt about it. I actually think he's kind of useful, as he's one of the fastest sprinters in Europe.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
piazza said:
He'll be an asset for City no doubt about it. I actually think he's kind of useful, as he's one of the fastest sprinters in Europe.
oh yeah hes fast alright i think perhaps only lennon (when hes not on crutches) and agbonglahor are faster in england

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
oh yeah hes fast alright i think perhaps only lennon (when hes not on crutches) and agbonglahor are faster in england
Rooney's usually fast when he's not in need of a smoke break and coming off a virus. Can't forget about Ronaldo too, he runs the fastest with the ball. Owen(another guy who's usually in a wheel chair) also had speed. Needless to say, those are guys who actually had/have more than speed. A little thing I like to call "class".

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Swp actually was a very exciting player at City, He was easily Cities best player. I watched many a games when he played and he was top class.
When Chelsea signed him i was a bit jealous really but he never brought his good form from City to Chelsea. Maybe pressure is the reason or not getting a run in the team. But he was a good player and i hope he gets it back

1 - 20 of 33 Posts