Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=538409&cc=5739

John Terry's Champions League nightmare may worsen if he is subjected to a UEFA study of his clash with Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez immediately after Didier Drogba's red card in the final.

The Blues captain, who missed the penalty that could have won the trophy, has denied any wrongdoing and action over an alleged spitting incident appears to rest heavily on whether or not reference to it was included in reports from the referee and the UEFA delegate.

A UEFA spokesman confirmed they had received the referee's report but were still waiting for the delegate to supply his.

If the incident is not included in either report, then UEFA may resort to examining television footage of the alleged incident before deciding on what action, if any, to take.

'The delegate's report should be in later today. We have received the referee's report but I cannot tell you what was mentioned in it,' said the spokesman.

'At the moment there is nothing further to add.'

Absolutely brilliant work lads!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Fantastic.

If he done this in the Premier League, he would get away with it.

But I hope they hammer him hard for it. Spitting is absolute filth.

I think we should do it all again, and talk about their overall disgraceful behaviour and see what happens then :p

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If the arbitration panel decide that they saw what Terry did,they could strip him of his Cl second place medal,fine him and ban him for several months from European football.What a jolly good blow to Chelsea that would be

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I don't think our emails were the reason why they found out about it. They probably would have been reviewing the whole Incident with Drogba's sending off and would have noticed it. Or they mighta worked, who knows.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i think it did work tbh, i'd like to think we made a difference, and it's good that major sports news organisations listen the viwers and fans who make football what it is today :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts