Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...come on ladies! :banana::banana:

Ok...you know the way you get booked nowadays for taking your shirt off when celebrating a goal or whatever...if you had a second one under that one (Its the winter, cold, and your in a goal scoring spree), propper kit, number, name etc....and took one off and threw it away, leaving on the one under it, do ya get booked?

lol

(PS. yes...I am bored):piss2:

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Under the rules yea you can be booked twice and sent off :p
But like futbol said its based on teh disctretion of the referee

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Under the rules yea you can be booked twice and sent off :p
But like futbol said its based on teh disctretion of the referee
No...I mean, ya take off one, but ya leave the second one on...If anything its one booking....

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
What's the big deal, honestly? Who does it hurt? Never understood why its a big deal, especially when the first thing everyone does after the match is disrobe right on the pitch.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
What's the big deal, honestly? Who does it hurt? Never understood why its a big deal, especially when the first thing everyone does after the match is disrobe right on the pitch.
Do we really want to see fat Frank without a top on? :rolleyes:

And yeah Keano, i reckon they would get booked, its still taking your top off.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
tbh im pretty buff and always take my shirt off ;):p

no but seriously as solsjkaertheledgend says its still taking off your shirt ! i nearly got booked today for saying that one of there players should go to the gay bar he was holding me so much today :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Good question and i like to know too. I dont understand why there is even such rules.It is sooo stupid really...what harm is there when these players take off their shirt?? That to me is the other beauty of football and something i consider as an entertainment ffs!:D

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to try it...

Me: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ref: Thats a...(stops)
Me: *Throws one shirt away* *Runs back to half still wearing the team shirt*

lol...It would be quality for someone to do :laugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd love to try it...

Me: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ref: Thats a...(stops)
Me: *Throws one shirt away* *Runs back to half still wearing the team shirt*

lol...It would be quality for someone to do :laugh:
Hahaha damn right it would be!

Personally I don't mind when men taske their tops off with nothing underneath :whistling:

(ps... yes I am a woman not a city fan) :rofl:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
It is a booking. I don't agree with it, and neither do most refs, but it is an obvious rule to be enforced. Failure to deal with it would get you in some trouble with bosses, coaches and players. Players only have themselves to blame for it. I don't feel sorry for them for receiving the booking, I feel sorry for the referees for having to enforce it. No one pays money to see Rooney get booked for ripping of his shirt in celebration of the goal. They come to see the goal. If it gets him sent off later, then the rules have become a part of the game. Just my thoughts on it.

To sum it up, is it a booking...yes, an unfortunate one.

***Edited***

And, if a referee wanted to, he could even give two yellows right there. One for Unsporting Behavior for the celebration and a second yellow for Unsporting Behaivor for trying to bend the Laws of the Game. In no way am I condoning a referee to take that harsh of a stance, but if a player asked if he could do that, I would tell him I could give him two yellows and red in hope to persuade him to not do it at all.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i think the issue is about the time it wastes. it may even have been introduced on the back of forlan. if you remember, he would score, then take his shirt off and wave it in the air, only to find it took him minutes to get it on again. i suppose if you didn't have that issue and you left the shirt in a safe place then what's wrong with it?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ok...you know the way you get booked nowadays for taking your shirt off when celebrating a goal or whatever... propper kit, number, name etc....and took one off and threw it away, leaving on the one under it, do ya get booked?
Im pretty sure that happened somewhere before. Someone took his jersey off and had a second one on underneath.
Cant remember who it was, the game or if he got booked:confused: but Im fairly sure it DID happen.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
i think the issue is about the time it wastes. it may even have been introduced on the back of forlan. if you remember, he would score, then take his shirt off and wave it in the air, only to find it took him minutes to get it on again. i suppose if you didn't have that issue and you left the shirt in a safe place then what's wrong with it?
The reason it was introduced was due to the Women's World Cup and Brandi Chastain. When she converted the winning kick in the women's cup and ripped off her shirt she had a Nike sports bra on. There were rumors that it was planned for her to do it in a sponsorship deal. To avert future happenings, FIFA introduced the mandatory booking for players who remove their shirts in celebration.

You can see hints of the swoosh, as FIFA even had Sports Illustrated remove it.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Im pretty sure that happened somewhere before. Someone took his jersey off and had a second one on underneath.
Cant remember who it was, the game or if he got booked:confused: but Im fairly sure it DID happen.

Robben I believe.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I'm not sure...I only thought of it when I saw Tuncay celebrating his goal against Liverpool an he ripped off his shirt and on his body warmer, it had Garmin written on it....

...My heads racked now on this one.....have to see it actually happen!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
We small minded folk of England prefer not to see erect nipples as we sip our tea and dine on our crumpets. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts