Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the amount of games coming up from now till the end of the season. Can you see Fergie dividing the squad given how many compettions we are in.. For example.

Premiership & Champions League, Maybe World Club Cup

Van der sar
brown
vidic
rio
evra
ronaldo
carrick
scholes
nani
berbatov
rooney

Carling Cup @ FA Cup

kuzczak / foster
neville
evans
rafael
o'shea
park
giggs
anderson
possenbom
manucho
tevez

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
stubie123 said:
With the amount of games coming up from now till the end of the season. Can you see Fergie dividing the squad given how many compettions we are in.. For example.

Van der sar
brown
vidic
rio
evra
ronaldo
carrick
scholes
nani
berbatov
rooney

Carling Cup @ FA Cup

kuzczak / foster
neville
evans
rafael
o'shea
park
giggs
anderson
possenbom
manucho
tevez

Agree with you to a degree but If we get through to the latter stages of the fa cup he will put out his strongest team as the trophy holds prestige . Its a great squad and it looks like its getting stronger all the time . Lets look at the talent we have in the wings we have rafeal brother fabio and manucho and lets not forget gibson and welbeck . But for me the stand out one is possebon looks a class act in that midfield and will push hard for a first team spot very soon .

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick with the same players in the semi-final and (fingers crossed) final of the Carling Cup. He'll probably play them in the early stages of the FA Cup too. However, I think Fergie will take the FA Cup more seriously if we reach the latter stages and bring in the 'big guns'.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
erm carling cup yes world club championship yes. f.a cup No. reason being is that the f.a cup is ours wev won it more than anyone and he wants to keep it that way. sure southampton wont suffer the likes of ronaldo berba rooney rio but say if we drew villa in the next round you can bet they will

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think they'll pick from the same group of players in the Carling Cup.

But, despite the FA Cup being 3rd in the trophy list, I think he'll take it seriously and play a strong team. I doubt he'll play all of the big players, but he'll play one or two of them with other first team squad players.

We've also got to remember that FA Cup games are on a Saturday in the early stages, and until the later stages we won't be missing Premiership games because of it so the players will have good recovery time early on.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
stubie123 said:

Van der sar
brown
vidic
rio
evra
ronaldo
carrick
scholes
nani
berbatov
rooney

Carling Cup @ FA Cup

kuzczak / foster
neville
evans
rafael
o'shea
park
giggs
anderson
possenbom
manucho
tevez
AC Milan tried this in the 90's when the foregin players were limited to 3. One for the Serie A and one for Champions League.
It didnt turn out as well as planned...

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
No way, SAF will carry on the same way - Depending on the game we are about to play, the games we have coming up, the prestige of the game etc
The one certainty is that he will carry on picking the youth and fringe for Carling Cup, and mayb for a few FA cup games if they r against lesser teams at OT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts